Registered Nurse Supervisor (RN) - CardiovascularWellstar Medical Group • Woodstock, GA • Nursing Leadership • 114703 • Days • Full-Time
Under general direction of the physician and/or office manager, provides nursing care of patient, plans and oversees departmental staff nursing activities ensuring effective nursing services are provided, and adherence to policies, procedures, standards, and regulations. A multidisciplinary team approach to care is utilized. The function of the Nurse Supervisor is to develop and maintain an environment that supports the professional nurse and staff. Under the direction and supervision of the Clinical Services Department, the Nurse Supervisor will promote clinical competency as well as maintain clinical quality control through leading and supporting survey readiness efforts as it relates to back office clinical operations.
The Nurse Supervisor is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care. They practice in a clinical environment that is administered by Office Managers and other leaders and is supported through the WellStar Clinical Champion Forum. The framework for practice is steered by the WellStar Professional Practice Model, 5-Star Nursing and evidence based practice and research. RN competencies are derived from these models and supported by the WellStar Core Competencies.
It is expected that all RN Nurse Supervisors are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected that the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Adheres to WellStar Health System?s policy and procedures to human resource
* Management and applies such policies and procedures consistently with input from MGR/DPO.
* Assist with hiring process with input from MGR/DPO.
* Appropriately delegates responsibilities to clinical staff and provides oversight
* Plans, organizes, and facilitates staff to provider patient care; evaluates care and ensures customer satisfaction; oversees the departments? daily staffing requirements; orients clinical staff to their job responsibilities; provides leadership in clinical problem solving.
* Assists with staff recruitment; ensures an orientation plan for new staff members; and provides timely feedback; evaluates and schedules in-service/training as needed; serves as liaison with physicians.
* Implements and interprets organizational policies and procedures and nursing standards and regulations.
* Utilize evidence-based practice to develop and implement standards of practice that guide practice improvement initiatives.
* Work with Clinical Services in development of clinical competencies for non-provider clinical staff.
* Will lead check off process of annual competencies for non-provider clinical staff.
* Along with Practice Manager, will ensure all nursing/MA staff maintains appropriate credentials and/or licensure.
* Attends monthly Clinical Champion meetings, shares information with practice staff, and leads in implementation of best practices.
* Exemplary Practice and Outcomes
* A. Performs the Nursing Process (assessment; diagnosis; identification of outcomes; planning; implementation and evaluation) in the performance of clinical care using evidence base practice, uses analytical/critical thinking and insuring that care is individualized; coordinating care through effective partnerships recognizing that caring is central to achieve optimal patient care outcomes.
* B. Provides relationship-based patient centered care that is consistent with population specific characteristics (e.g. age, gender, disease, etc) in a manner that adapts service delivery to reflect an understanding of cultural diversity.
* C. Always partners with the patient and significant others (as appropriate) using such appropriate method for setting and purpose (e.g., huddles; interdisciplinary rounds; just in time and planned patient teaching; keeping the patient and significant others updated and making the patient?s goals the focus of the plan of care.
* D. Practices using current clinical practice standards.
* Teamwork and Collaboration
* A. Coordinates the delivery and documentation of safe quality patient care that promotes the professional care delivery model. This includes, but is not limited to diverse and inclusive interdisciplinary communication methods (interdisciplinary rounds, case review, etc); completion of timely documentation and promotion of a respectful, inclusive clinical environment.
* B. Demonstrates teamwork and collaboration by practicing in a manner that is fiscally responsible and promotes the recruitment and retention of all healthcare team members.
* Professional Development and Initiative
* A. Completes all initial and ongoing professional competency assessment, required mandatory education, and population specific education.
* B. Serves as a preceptor and/or or mentor for other professional nurses (and unlicensed staff or students) to ensure that there is a current and future qualified workforce; modeling the professional practice of nursing and creating a healthy work environment.
* Evidence Based Practice and Research
* A. Promotes Evidence based practice, nursing research and performance improvement in nursing. Participates in activities such as value analysis as part of the decision making process in evaluating patient care products.
* B. Upholds all health care system/organizational policies and procedures and clinical competencies put forth by this job description and professional association including legal, regulatory and accreditation requirements and standards ensuring by way of example, such goals as TJC Patient Safety Goals and WellStar Health Systems? safety absolutes. May serve as practice Safety Coach.
* C. Participates in data collection poses relevant clinical questions to advanced evidence based practice. Consults appropriate experts and uses appropriate resources and evidence to address practice questions.
* Resources and Support
* A. Proactively plans for the care of patients across the care continuum in the course of giving direct patient care.
* B. Participates in the development of protocols and procedures when called upon or through self-initiation in collaboration with Practice Managers and/or Clinical Services and other members of the health care team to achieve best practice outcomes for relevant patient populations.
* C. Supports efficient and effective use of human and material resources.
* Maintains appropriate staffing and supply par levels to achieve practice goals.
* Contributes to financial viability through service quality and clinical excellence.
* Acts as liaison with Clinical Informatics as it relates to EHR training needs
* Supports and applies a working knowledge of WellStar Health System?s Standard and Department Policies and Procedures, as well as policies and procedures specific to the Medical Group.
* Upholds all applicable regulatory agency guidelines.
* Leads back office clinical quality initiatives regarding Survey Readiness.
* May serve as practice Safety Coach.
* Participate in clinical site assessments.
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications