Nurse Navigator - ENT Part TimeWellstar Medical Group • Smyrna, GA • Nursing: Non-Bedside • 114707 • Various • Part-Time
This is a liaison position requiring clinical experience, self-direction, attention to detail and follow-up, and ability
to communicate effectively with staff, patients, families and the public. In conjunction with physicians and
members of disease-specific teams, the Nurse Navigator is responsible for guidance and coordination of
services for bariatric and spinal surgery patients and their caregivers through the continuum of care. The Nurse
Navigator will provide program management and oversight for Kennestone's Bariatric Surgery program and
Spinal Surgery Program.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Coordinate patient follow through: Pre-Op, Acute, and Post-Operative phase.
* Ensures compliance with regulatory standards to obtain or maintain disease specific certification.
* Work with Unit Manager to address individual program expectations related to patient care outcomes.
* Serve as a liaison between patient and physician for information related to bariatric and spine.
* surgery. Identify patients who will benefit from navigation and assistance with barriers including.
* but not limited to: insurance, financial issues, need for personal support, mobility or sensory.
* deficits, transportation and language.
* Collaborate with all members of the Bariatric Committee and Spine Committee, medical staff, and administration to provide quality comprehensive care to patients.
* Maintain and disseminate current information about medical and community resources.
* Evaluate outcomes of interventions and services and revise strategies as needed.
* Be available to patients and staff as resource for information, questions and concerns.
* Use Evidence Based practice to guide new initiatives in the community and in the inpatient arena related.
* to both bariatric and spine surgery. Coordinates with unit Manager/Educator/APN on maintaining best practices.
* Facilitate Performance Improvement activities with primary focus on patient outcomes and program efficiency.
* Identify or assist in developing appropriate multimedia education material with input and approval of Disease Site Team and Marketing Department.
* Provide and document initial and ongoing education to patients and caregivers about disease, treatment, diagnostic procedures, and other information.
* Participate in community outreach related services.
* Use adult learning principles when developing or presenting information.
* Manner and dress reflect image of professional health care provider in World Class Health setting.
* Demonstrate outstanding written, verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Possess current knowledge about disease, therapy, diagnostics, technology etc. by seeking and participating in formal and informal education opportunities.
* Workwith unit Inpatient Educator to coordinate professional education for the staff and the community.
* Partners with Professional Practice and Unit Managers to reinforce expectations in pathway
* implementation at the local level.
* Participates in service recovery, as needed.
* Serves as a secondary liaison to the physicians to facilitate physician satisfaction.
* Assists Unit Managers with team building efforts to facilitate engagement, attending staff meetings,as needed.
* Monitors customer satisfaction and feedback and offers suggestions for improvement.
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
and orthopedic spinal experience with exposure to program development. Preferred or
refining clinical and administrative processes. Required or
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications