Front Office SpecialistWellstar Medical Group • Smyrna, GA • WellStar Medical Group • 106354 • Days • Full-Time
The Front Office Specialist (FOS) is responsible for illustrating exceptional customer service and focus to WellStar's patients and customers. This includes greeting customers, registering patients at check-in and check out, answering telephones, scheduling appointments, cash management, and/or adiminstrative functions that support the practice's operations. The FOS is an important team member in achieving patient experience, employee engagement, and financial goals. This position is considered a highly functioning position where the team member must be able to multi-task while at the same time communicate with various customers.
What you will do
- Customer Service:
- a. In Adherence to our AIDET principles, the FOS will greet patients and guests in a warm, friendly manner in person or on the telephone; identifying self and practice.
- b. Answering incoming calls; directing to appropriate personnel, taking messages when appropriate within the EHR, handling non-clinical processes, and scheduling patient appointments as requested.
- c. Communicating quickly and often with patients, if there is a delay or wait for patient care.
- d. Working with both clinical staff and providers in a team approach.
- e. Managing patient call wait times; being alert to queues in the system, responding to voicemails and messages timely, offer options to call patients back, if they are on hold too long
- Operations/Revenue Cycle:
- a. Registering/scheduling patients for appointments; ensuring patient insurance eligibility through Experion, checking in patients, scanning insurance cards and ID into the EHR, and ensuring completion of all necessary paperwork.
- b. Collecting co-pays and any outstanding balances, adherence to the WMG LD90 cash management policy.
- c. Managing cash allowance; verifying opening balance, ensuring all correct change and collections are made and accounted for, accurately balancing superbills/posting report with bank bag for each daily close.
- d. Checking patients out; collecting any deductibles or self pay account balances, setting up payment arrangements on balances, and/or scheduling next appointment visits
- e. Contacting patients for appointment reminders
- Coordinating with the clinic for pharmaceutical representatives, visitors, sample pick-ups, and other clinic requests
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Required High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years administrative front office experience in a physician practice or health care setting Preferred
- Previous customer service experience Required
- Medical terminology including coding needed (CPT-4, ICD-9, and HCPCS) preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance filing and requirements. preferred
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
- Medical Assistant Cert WMG Ped Smyrna 06/09/2023
- Front Office Specialist Smyrna 06/08/2023
- LPN WMG Spec Smyrna 05/17/2023