Front Office SpecialistWellstar Medical Group • Smyrna, GA • WellStar Medical Group • 103375 • Days • Full-Time
The Front Office Specialist (FOS) is responsible for illustrating exceptional customer service and focus to WellStar's patients and customers. This includes greeting customers, registering patients at check-in and check out, answering telephones, scheduling appointments, cash management, and/or adiminstrative functions that support the practice's operations. The FOS is an important team member in achieving patient experience, employee engagement, and financial goals. This position is considered a highly functioning position where the team member must be able to multi-task while at the same time communicate with various customers.
30% of the patient population is spanish speaking. We are looking for someone bilingual in spanish.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Customer Service:
- * a. In Adherence to our AIDET principles, the FOS will greet patients and guests in a warm, friendly manner in person or on the telephone; identifying self and practice.
* b. Answering incoming calls; directing to appropriate personnel, taking messages when appropriate within the EHR, handling non-clinical processes, and scheduling patient appointments as requested.
* c. Communicating quickly and often with patients, if there is a delay or wait for patient care.
* d. Working with both clinical staff and providers in a team approach.
* e. Managing patient call wait times; being alert to queues in the system, responding to voicemails and messages timely, offer options to call patients back, if they are on hold too long
- Operations/Revenue Cycle:
* a. Registering/scheduling patients for appointments; ensuring patient insurance eligibility through Experion, checking in patients, scanning insurance cards and ID into the EHR, and ensuring completion of all necessary paperwork.
* b. Collecting co-pays and any outstanding balances, adherence to the WMG LD90 cash management policy.
* c. Managing cash allowance; verifying opening balance, ensuring all correct change and collections are made and accounted for, accurately balancing superbills/posting report with bank bag for each daily close.
* d. Checking patients out; collecting any deductibles or self pay account balances, setting up payment arrangements on balances, and/or scheduling next appointment visits
* e. Contacting patients for appointment reminders
* Coordinating with the clinic for pharmaceutical representatives, visitors, sample pick-ups, and other clinic requests
* Other duties as assigned by management.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma Required or
- equivalent. Required
Required Minimum Experience
- Less than 1 year 1-2 years administrative front office experience in a physician practice or health care setting Preferred and
- Previous customer service experience required. Required
Required Minimum Skills
- Computer skills essential.
- Medical terminology including coding needed (CPT-4, ICD-9, and HCPCS) preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance filing and requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language and display a positive attitude while working in a team setting.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- Medical Assistant Cert WMG Ped Smyrna 06/09/2023
- Front Office Specialist Smyrna 06/08/2023
- LPN WMG Spec Smyrna 05/17/2023