Nurse Manager (RN)- MedTeleWellstar North Fulton Hospital • Roswell, GA • Nursing Leadership • 105908 • Days • Full-Time
At WellStar we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Wellstar North Fulton Hospital has an opportunity for a Nurse Manager (RN) in Cardiac Telemetry.
Full time day shift
Equipped with the latest technology and medical expertise, Wellstar North Fulton Hospital is committed to delivering quality, personalized care, tailored to you. Wellstar North Fulton is a Level II Emergency Cardiac Care Center, Level II Trauma Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center.
The nurse manager is a registered professional nurse who provides leadership and management of a specific unit(s) or service through the effective use of knowledge and skills to promote the creation of a center of excellence for staff recruitment and retention and clinical and business outcomes. The nurse manager is the standard bearer on his/her unit and holds all participants on his/her unit accountable for the delivery of care and services through effective communication; observation; and the management and measurement of specific interventions/practices and their associated outcomes. Responsibilities include clinical, financial, human and material resources deployment and associated outcomes or goals.
The Nurse Manager serves as a chief retention and safety officer and ensures that safety and quality standards are upheld or met by effective use of data and technology to make decisions and proactively mitigates unnecessary risks for his/her area of responsibility. The Nurse Manager creates and ensures a desirable, safe work environment that enables the organization to meet or exceed its mission and goals. He/she models the way to foster communication and collaboration with physicians, staff, patients and other departments. Role specific competencies, responsibilities, roles and functions are based on the Professional Practice Model, 5-Star Nursing.
It is expected that all RN Clinical Nurses are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.
Required Minimum Education
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from accredited nursing school Required and
- Master's Degree in Nursing Preferred and
- If bachelor degree is not in nursing, MSN must be from accredited nursing school. Preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in nursing management Required
Required Minimum Skills
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and relationship building; a knowledge of the health care environment; leadership that includes such skills as successfully implementing and managing a change process ? ability to use systems thinking- and inspire, coach others to be successful; model the way for professional practice; professionalism and teamwork/collaboration for self/department/medical staff; and possess necessary business skills to manage human and material resources.
- Must be a continuous learner who understands health care financing; strategy and operations for running a business unit(s); and effectively employ data and technology to support work processes and make decisions.
- Supports shared governance or shared decision making; manage the design and delivery of care that in based on evidence and focused on quality and safety.
- Knowledge of risk management and various accreditation/regulations/licensing requirements assuring that these are upheld while advancing industry standards through the achievement of goals by effective management and measurement of outcomes.
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of Georgia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC). Required and
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position.
- Mgr Nurse Roswell 05/17/2023
- Mgr Emergency Services RN Roswell 05/17/2023
- RN Assistant Nurse Mgr Roswell 05/17/2023