Director, Practice Operations - GI/Digestive HealthWellstar Medical Group • Roswell, GA • Leadership • 109842 • Days • Full-Time
We have an immediate need for a Director of Practice Operations for Gastrointestinal (GI) / Digestive Health.
Director of Practice Operations, provides administrative leadership to all Wellstar Physicians practices, in partnership with physicians. Responsibilities include planning, organizing, delegating, coordinating and controlling the operation of all assigned practices. Ensures that quality services are provided according to established policies and procedures. Responsible for working in collaboration with practice's physician(s) to manage overall operations. This position requires a 5 day work week, plus occasional weekends and evenings.
Human Resource Management
- Adheres to Wellstar Health System's policy and procedure regarding overall human resource management and applies such policies and procedures consistently.
- Demonstrates effective hiring and management of staff.
Financial Resource Management
- Responsible for the financial viability of the Wellstar Physicians Group practices, including but not limited to:
- Monitoring progress against budget.
- Planning and implementing capital expenditures.
- Following progress of business office (either central or local).
- Plans and maintains operating budget on a practice by practice level.
- Administers accounting and financial control systems, accounts receivables and budgets.
- Utilizes financial and operational principles in daily and long-term practice operations.
Leadership and Professional Responsibility
- Cultivates a relationship of mutual respect and trust with providers and staff. Works in conjunction with physician leaders, Practice Managers, and VP Physician Services to facilitate provider understanding and acceptance of good business management.
- Ensures providers at assigned practices understand their obligations as specified by their contract within the Wellstar Physicians Group.
- Seeks out opportunities to network and enhance practice management knowledge base. Actively participates in organizational activities and continuing education.
- Exhibits professionalism in dress, style and manner.
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills with providers, managers and staff.
- Supervises and advises the Practice Managers of all practices.
- Acts as a liaison between physicians and Wellstar Administration.
- Assures resource management to achieve practice business goals.
- Directs practice operations to assure financial viability through service quality and clinical excellence to the population served.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and proficiency of the IS and communication systems available to meet practice needs.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Supports and applies a working knowledge ofsWellstar Health System?s Standard and Department Policies and Procedures.
- Upholds all applicable regulatory agency guidelines.
- Supports Clinical Consultants and Office Staff in upholding clinical quality in the practice.
- Adheres, supports and embodies Wellstar Physicians Group's Customer Service Commitment to Excellence.
- Strives for excellence in employee engagement and patient satisfaction.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all Wellstar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- MBA and/or MHA preferred preferred.
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 5 years healthcare management experience, preferably in a practice setting required.
Required Minimum Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge and command of the principles of financial analysis, strategic planning, operations, human resources and information systems.
- Ability to collect, analyze and apply data and other pertinent information to develop short and long term practice goals and budget needs.
- Ability to work independently and to motivate and develop staff.
- Work closely with physicians, other providers and Wellstar Administration to establish and meet short and long term strategic practice goals.
- Proactively searches for and recommends opportunities to enhance practice services and revenue.
- Consistently demonstrates excellent leadership and customer service skills.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Cert Healthcare Exec preferred
- Cert Healthcare Financial Prof preferred
- FACMPE/CMPE Preferred