CT Tech Reg (Imaging)- FT-Nights- Weekend Option (3-12hr shifts)- Sign On Bonus EligibleWellstar North Fulton Hospital • Roswell, GA • Allied Health • 105971 • Nights, Weekend Option • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Wellstar North Fulton in Roswell, Georgia is seeking a FT Weekend Night Registered CT Technologist. The days and hours for the position are Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 7:00p - 7:30a; this position is eligible for evening, night and weekend shift differential. The Registered CT Technologist must be flexible with work hours to meet department needs. Must be dependable, accountable and cooperative. Assists with providing safe, age appropriate care to the patient by performing all exams provided by the department according to department procedures. Has the knowledge and ability to properly and safely obtain a quality diagnostic study. Responsible for performing a wide variety of technical procedures requiring independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in the utilization of equipment for the diagnosis and/or treatment of diseases. Able to independently perform job functions. Sets up the equipment to provide imaging service and positions patient for the procedure.
****Position is eligible for Sign On Bonus and Relocation*****
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions:
* Demonstrates the ability to adjust technique so that patient receives the lowest possible dose of ionizing radiation and that image quality is maintained.
* Reports problems regarding malfunctioning equipment to supervisor or service provider, so that problem can be corrected in a timely manner.
* Cleans, disinfects and maintains equipment in accordance with infection control policy and department cleaning schedule.
- Patient Care
* Verifies proper clinician order for procedure.
* Obtains complete clinical history, gathers examination data and assesses for contraindicating conditions.
* Follows established procedures for the administration of contrast medias so that no patient condition deteriorates, and no patient suffers undue pain, due to error or poor technique.
* Ensures that all studies have proper patient identification and right and left marker are utilized appropriately.
* Reviews CT/radiographic images for clinically acceptable results and releases patients.
* Responds to emergency situations and provides for the restocking of the crash cart and maintenance of life support equipment.
* Assists other technologists in all modalities when needed.
* Observes patient condition and properly evaluates situations when physician intervention is necessary so that no patient condition deteriorates.
* Verifies correct identity of patient using 2 unique identifiers prior to performing a procedure per hospital policy and procedure.
* Ensures patient's privacy and comfort is accommodated. Maintains patient?s dignity throughout the exam/procedure.
* Demonstrates competence in the determination and application of appropriate procedures, equipment, supplies and techniques based on the age of patients.
* Organizes schedule, time and priorities so that required activities are accomplished within designated time frames.
* Follows physician?s instructions when assisting with procedures and exams.
* Demonstrates proficiency with loading and operating power injection.
* Uses critical thinking skills.
* Dialogs with patient/family
* Asks clarifying questions.
* Seeks clarification on ambiguous orders.
* Understands, demonstrates and documents preprocedural verification and Time Out process when appropriate.
* Demonstrates and understands pre-and-post procedural care.
* Preps the patient for the procedure.
* Demonstrates and understands sterile technique
* Maintains competency with venipuncture.
- Education and Communication
* Patiently and clearly explains purpose and nature of exam to patient prior to starting of procedure, so as to minimize anxiety and facilitate cooperation using AIDET; Acknowledge, Introduce, Discuss, Explain, and Thank you of all patients and family members.
* Ensures that patient's questions, concerns or contraindications are satisfactorily addressed, notifying physician when this cannot be accomplished, prior to the initiation of the procedure.
* Participates in the orientation and training of departmental employees.
* Provides patients with preparatory instruction and explanation of procedures.
* Required documentation is concise, legible and includes precise terminology.
* Reads email each day scheduled to work and follows through with assignment.
* Completes mandatory departmental and Hospital-wide education without prompting.
- Quality Control
* Consistently produces acceptable images, as evidenced by radiologist feedback and quality audits
* Ensures that equipment is fully operational prior to each use, by checking for proper calibration and operating deficiencies.
* Sends all studies to PACS immediately after completion, prints CD?s as needed.
* Studies that have been reported after hours by teleradiography are printed and scanned into PACS, if applicable.
* Completes all studies in RIS before completing in PACS.
* Prints completed log sheet from teleradiography and submits to Radiologist, if applicable
* Restocks linens and supplies, and maintains the department in clean and orderly condition.
* Transports patients, positions patients, and helps them on and off procedure table.
* Performs patient charging activities on the day the service is rendered.
* Applies shielding, supportive and immobilization devices and equipment.
* Willingly lends knowledge and assistance to others upon request as needed and routinely as time is available, without prompting, so that all working time is used for departmental advantage.
* Performs routine duties of clerical and support personnel in accordance with procedure when warranted to ensure continuity and quality of services.
* Keeps supervisor informed on all responsibilities on an ongoing basis, ensuring prompt notification in the event of problems or potential problems.
* Maintains an individual productivity rate equal to other co-workers.
* Ability to operate all work stations associated with the CT department.
* Ability to push / retrieve images from the CT console to PACS.
* Maintain Joint Commission standards and any other regulatory agency standards.
* Takes call when necessary
* Any other duties as assigned.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education:
- Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiology Technology is required
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience in Radiology is required
- Less than 1 year experience in CT is preferred
Required Minimum Skills:
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills because this position requires frequent verbal and written communications with: physicians, patients, visitors, departmental staff and nursing staff.
- The employee obtains, presents and discusses clinical information regarding job responsibilities on a routine basis.
- Candidate must be able to explain or give directions to maintain goodwill, and obtain cooperation with all contacts.
- Must possess the ability to function independently and under pressure while still actively participating in a team environment.
- Position requires the employee to exhibit excellent customer service skills at all times.
- Must be able to perform effectively in a stressful and fast-paced work environment.
- Must have the ability to prioritize appropriately. Must be detail-oriented and have the capacity to effectively multitask throughout the work shift.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the capacity to interact professionally with a variety of ?customers?, including but not limited to patients, families, co-workers, volunteers, and physicians throughout the work shift.
- Must possess the ability to function independently, yet productively as a cooperative team member with various work teams associated with the position.
- Must be compliant, with a willingness to follow all Hospital policies as well as the established practices, protocols and procedures of the position, department and applicable professional standards.
- Competent in all aspects of CT, patient positioning, exposure factors and radiation protection.
- Must have an understanding of anatomy and pathology as to how they affect the quality of a procedure.
- Competent to perform all ACR and manufacturer-recommended Quality Control tests.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s):
- ARRT Radiography is required
- ARRT Computed Tomography is required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) is required