Clinical Admin. Assist. @ North FultonWellstar Cobb Hospital • Roswell, GA • Administrative and Clerical • 114655 • Days • Full-Time
Functions under the direction of the Manager or Supervisor and may support multiple department leaders. He/she is responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative duties and functions requiring independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. He/she assists the business functions of the Departments including maintenance of stats, data collection and analysis. The Clinical Administrative Assistant is able to independently perform job functions and maintain information of a confidential nature.
Critical to success in this role are:
Attention to detail
Exceptional organizational skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to multi-task
Ability to functional effectively in a fast-paced environment
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Maintaining the physician?s patient schedules and meetings, keeping physicians on track, and providing reminders about upcoming events and or barriers
* Request and send patient medical records and follow up on requests.
* Scan all required records into the EMR.
* Assist APP and clinical staff with appropriate requests to maintain patient flow through the clinic.
* Responsible for routing telephone calls from patients, physicians, or other healthcare providers/facilities appropriately.
* Reviews and assist with orders in EPIC/BEACON and assist with obtaining any required information for the provider.
* Submit and follow up on tissue testing to outside sources.
* Preparing the patient schedule for the providers for the next day.
* Skill in taking and transcribing dictation and in the operation of office equipment.
* Must demonstrate and maintain patient confidentiality.
* Ability to translate and maintain skills to read medical orders.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Create and maintain spreadsheets for tracking various department data, information, requests and supplies.
* Manages various documents and handles confidential matters in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Participates in department meetings, committees and events.
* Compile financial, statistical data and reports as assigned.
* Reviews and monitors all Clinical Administrative Assistant order transcription, reminder screens, scanning, missing diagnostic and pathology reports.
* Provide training of AA duties, medical records requests.
* Coordinate inbound/outbound specimens, authorization and referral WQ management.
* Sorting and distributing daily mail.
* Other duties as assigned.
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications