Unit Support AssociateWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Professional • 112156 • Days • Full-Time
The Unit Support Associate functions under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Supervisor and/or Centralized Transport Manager to facilitate the safe and appropriate transportation of patients to and from the ED, Radiology, and Test/Procedure areas. Duties include, but are not limited to: cleaning of transportation equipment, proper handling of IV and O2 equipment, assisting with ambulation, stocking of supplies, verification of patient identification, use of scripting with patients, assisting with patients to and from imaging tables, use of AIDET, adherance to all policies. The USA must be able to work in a fast paced environment, which requires multi-tasking activities and ongoing communication with the appropriate Nursing and/or Radiology personnel. Must be able to perform under stressful conditions with a compassionate, respectful, and helpful manner. Must be able to take direction from a variety of care providers. Must be organized with excellent communication skills. In addition, the USA will assist with filing physician transcription/dictation in all patient's electronic medical record.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Proper verification of patient identification
* Obtain TTR (ticket to ride), proper sign out of patient, proper notification of RN upon return
* Proper movement and transport of patient
* Verify that O2 and IV?s are transported correctly
* Ensure that proper handwashing and isolation technique is used
* Utilizes proper body mechanics and lift equipment
* Clean equipment h. Stock rooms as needed Associated task or activity
* Filing/populating medical records and physician transcription/dictation in patient?s electronic medical record.
* Becomes familiar with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and is able to use it proficiently as a patient medical record.
* Scans outside documentation into EMR as needed.
* Protects rights and dignity of patient at all times
* Maintains confidentiality
* Answers telephone and call lights promptly, notifies appropriate individual of need for follow-up.
* Resolves patient concerns e. Proactively offers assistance and comfort measures to patients and families
* Present self in positive and professional manner and show sensitivity to concerns and needs of others
* Provides patient care under the supervision of the Licensed staff
* Provides basic patient care needs (ex. Hygiene, nutrition, elimination, physical comfort measures) as assigned
* Assist members of health care team with care delivery as assigned
* Supports initiatives of the Health care team
* Participates in department performance improvement initiatives
* Transports patients to and from Radiation Oncology Dept, Inpatient floors and Emergency Dept. as needed. d. Transports supplies, patient care supplies, linen, medications and equipment as assigned
* Practices 200% accountability
* Uses effective written and oral communication skills with patients, staff, physicians, family and visitors
* Uses safety communication techniques.
* Communicates completion of assignment/duties to appropriate person
* Communicates patient care concerns/problems/emergencies to the RN or appropriate staff member
* Uses positive and respectful communication with all member of healthcare team, patients and families
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications