Sitter - NightsWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Nursing Support • 109688 • Nights • Full-Time
The Telesitter role will primarily function as a constant remote monitor for patients requiring continuous observation. The telesitter's responsibility is to observe and report behaviors that may interrupt medically necessary therapies as well as patient safety and/or perceived changes in the patient's condition to appropriate health care team member(s). The telesitter is also responsible for documenting the observed behaviors and need for redirection on paper or in the electronic medical record as defined by policy. The telesitter will function under the direction of the telesitter supervisor or manager. The telesitter is focused on promoting a positive patient experience by partnering with the patient, family, and other care providers to provide excellence in patient's experience. Must be able to perform under stressful conditions with a compassionate, respectful, and helpful manner. Must be able to take direction. The 'always' expectations for these team members are to continuously observe, consistently document, and always provide excellence in customer service through communication and collaboration.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Promptly recognizes changes in the patient?s behavior, risk factors, or mental status.
* Constantly observes the environment of care and ensure they meet the safe room guidelines.
* Notify Facility care partners and/or supervisor of patient status.
* Monitors the EPIC dashboard for new assignments.
* Always Ensures direct visibility & observation of patient.
* Document?s patient?s behavior every 15 minutes on behavioral health patients and every 2 hours on medical patients
* Document number of times a patient must be redirected, or patient behavior is escalated to facility care partner.
* Verbally redirect patients as needed based on observed behaviors.
* Notifies nurse when physician/interdisciplinary care team members arrive in observed patient room.
* Uses effective written and oral communication skills with patients, staff, physicians, family and visitors.
* Escalates the need for in-person redirection to the facility care partners.
* Uses safety communication techniques.
* Communicates completion of assignment/duties to appropriate person.
* Communicates patient care concerns/problems/emergencies to the RN.
* Uses positive and respectful communication with all members of healthcare team, patients, and families.
* Practices 200% accountability for patient safety
* Always Protects rights and dignity of patient.
* Maintains confidentiality.
* Coordinates with facility care partners to address any patient requests or needs
* Present self in positive and professional manner and show sensitivity to concerns and needs of others
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications