Technology Trainer1800 Parkway Center • Marietta, Georgia • Day Shift • Full Time • JR-3946
The Technology Trainer is an individual that has an understanding of educational theory and practice.They also understand how technology is situated in the workflow of clinicians and others within healthcare.As such, they will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of training of technology in all forms: classroom, virtual, and printed aides.The Epic TechnologyTrainer works closely with the technology training team to maintain course curricula and supporting training materials for their application. Responsible for testing, and maintaining the training environment, managing updates to policy and procedure documentation related to training, conducting training for new staff, and coordinating training for software upgrades and updates; ensuring at all times, team members have a positive learning experience in Organizational Learning.As part of ongoing improvement, the Technology Trainer will provide routine evaluation of learning programs.
Required Minimum Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent Required
- Associate's Degree Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Required Minimum Experience:
- Exposure to and knowledge of healthcare, clinical practice settings and clinical workflow in a hospital setting, is strongly Preferred
- Experience as a instructor, educator or facilitator of learning programs is also strongly preferred.
- If not, must complete WellStar Educator Immersion program within 3 months of employment and successfully complete all aspects of the training Required
Required Minimum Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be organized and have the ability to analyze and trouble shoot problems
- This individual must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a team
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of project management tools, methodologies and techniques
- Ability to multi-task is essential, as is the ability to function in stressful and emergency situations
- Strong detail orientation and time management skills are required
- Knowledge of clinical practice settings and clinical workflow in a hospital setting are preferred.
- Requires the ability provide training during all shifts and hours and be “on call” to perform ad hoc education for clinicians as needed
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s):
- Credentialed in an Epic application.
- If not credentialed, must attend and successfully complete all aspects of the Trainer Credentialing Program conducted by Epic Trainers within 3 months of employment. Upon Hire Required
Join us and discover the support to do more meaningful work—and enjoy a more rewarding life. Connect with the most integrated health system in Georgia, and start a future that gives you more.