IT Student InternWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Nursing Support • 112293 • Days • PRN
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The IT Student Intern is a student-level position for the development of their technical and soft skills training in an IT healthcare environment. Personnel in this position are expected to complete a 12-month internship program. Candidates completing this program can be considered as a candidate for an external-level position in their department area of interest, or another position on the IT team. This is a supervised role responsible for identifying growth and development of the student, as well as creating innovative solutions to our departments. This role serves as an analytical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance in group activities, projects and events. This role is instrumental in understanding the fundamental basics of healthcare IT with its core curriculum, building of their professional style and creating a network foundation for future growth.
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree college student in their last year majoring in Information Technology, Computer Science. Required
- Clinical related IT major. Required
- Master's Degree college student in their last year majoring in Information Technology, Computer Science. Required
Required Minimum Skills:
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity and require initiative and judgement
- Effective communication skills; excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Provide support to certain IT department while developing knowledge by shadowing or hands on troubleshooting with limited access
- Capable of working independently and with groups
- Contribute ideas, creative thinking and suggestion with team members