Staff Clinical PharmacistWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Allied Health • 109797 • Nights • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Staff Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for integrating patient-centered pharmaceutical care with traditional distributive and drug control activities. Provides consultative/clinical services including antibiotic dosing of vancomycin and aminoglycosides, initial warfarin dosing, renal dosing, and IV-to-PO conversions. Requires strong clinical and communication skills for providing drug information to nurses, physicians, and other health care providers. Capable of advising the patients' medical team on drug interactions, contraindications, and other relevant information to ensure proper, accurate, and optimal medication therapy. Responsible for adhering to and practicing within the guidelines of Georgia State Pharmacy Law.
- Knowledge of drug appropriateness
- Evaluating and monitoring drug regimens for appropriateness.
- Interpreting physician’s orders and screening them for various types of interactions.
- Providing patient and nursing education when requested.
- Reviewing medication profiles to maintain accuracy and optimize medication therapy.
- Able to perform all duties of a Pharmaceutical Care Pharmacist
- General Pharmacy Practice
- Preparing IV Admixtures, compounding, and repackaging a wide variety of pharmaceuticals
- Entering and verifying orders into the pharmacy computer system, and proper dispensing of medications
- Able to follow patients for antibiotic and anticoagulant dosing
- Participates in daily rounds
- Works with other healthcare providers to assist in the patient education for new medications and their side effects
- Assists with medication reconciliation and discharge counseling
- Education Skills
- Providing supervision and guidance to all personnel working in their area
- Demonstrating skill and competency in patient assessment, and providing patient and nursing education when requested.
Required Minimum Education:
- B.S. from an accredited School of Pharmacy Required
- Pharm.D. from an accredited college of pharmacy Required
- Completion of a PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Preferred
Required Minimum Experience:
- Hospital pharmacy experience Preferred
- Minimum 2 years clinical pharmacy experience Preferred
Required Minimum Skills:
- Strong order entry and computer skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to think/act independently as required by situation
- Ability to collaborate with other professionals to ensure good patient experience
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s):
- Reg Pharmacist Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications:
- BCPS: Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist Required