Sr Maintenance MechanicWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Facility, Environmental, and Nutrition & Food Services • 114036 • Various • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Sr Maintenance Mechanic will maintain and repair mechanical and electrical equipment and systems to include but not be limited to: pumps, motors, lamp ballasts, lamping, light carpentry work, commercial door repairs, automatic door operators, light to medium sheetrock repairs, general plumbing repairs of valves, piping, and pneumatic control air systems and compressors as applicable. Will complete experienced-level mechanic work and will serve as a resource and educator to other Maintenance Mechanics. Assists team leader in overseeing the operation and repair of building mechanical systems. Position also performs preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and systems. In addition, Senior Mechanic will assist with tasks related to Life Safety PM's, SOC Drawings, above ceiling programs, maintain tube stations, power plant operations, medical gas, medical vacuum, elevators, emergency generators, fire alarm systems, nurse call system, TV's, overhead paging, and construction and renovation projects as applicable.
- Daily Repairs
- Responds to both telephoned service requests and detailed project work orders as requested on a daily basis.
- Identifies the complexity of the work required, tools necessary to accomplish the work and spare parts and materials required to complete the job requested.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for spare parts and materials and submits for approval and acquisition to supervisor, receives materials and closes out documentation.
- Makes all repairs requested in a timely fashion and turns in completed documentation on the date of the repair.
- Assists in maintaining on hand critical spare parts and materials by conducting periodic inventory and requisitioning replacements to ensure continuity of our work effort.
- Preventative Maintenance.
- Receives preventative maintenance work requests as they are printed and assesses requirements for completion as pertains to materials, access to equipment/systems and schedules the repair.
- Conduct preventative maintenance as specified in the work request and follows the tasking required until completion.
- Notes any deficiencies related to the preventative maintenance effort that are out of the norm and reports them to the supervisor immediately for disposition and further action.
- Follows up on repair efforts of deficiencies noted to ensure closure of the relevant documents to be compliant with Code and The Joint Commission requirements.
- Turns in completed PM documentation on the date the work is completed to ensure closure of the document in our CMMS system is done in a timely fashion.
- Assists others in preventative maintenance efforts as required
- Senior level completes experienced level mechanic work.
- Miscellaneous/Senior Duties
- Makes monthly tours of assigned work Zone and notes all repairs required for the zone, requiring technical assistance for completion.
- Conducts inspections of above the ceiling fire and smoke walls in the assigned work Zone to ensure penetrations are sealed as required by Code.
- Notifies supervisor of such repairs, in writing, to ensure continuity of repair efforts in a proactive fashion rather than reactive.
- Take on the Lead’s responsibilities in their absence.
- Help ensure regulatory compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Works weekend and on-call shifts on a rotating basis.
- Will serve as a resource and educator to other Maintenance Mechanics.
- Demonstrates a working ability in the following systems and continually advances in abilities in regard to normal and emergency procedures of each as applicable:
- Life Safety PM’s
- SOC drawings
- Above ceiling programs
- Maintain tube station
- Power plant operations
- Medical gas
- Medical vacuum
- Emergency generators
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Nurse Call System
- TV’s and Overhead paging
- Construction/Renovation projects
Required Minimum Education:
- High school diploma or GED Required
- Certification/license or formal education in one or more of the following: HVAC, Plumbing and/or Electrical. Required
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in general mechanical maintenance and repairs Required
Required Minimum Skills:
- Candidate will have knowledge of systems which may include electrical, plumbing, HVAC, HVAC controls, TV, nurse call, tube system, medical air, automatic and manual doors, including subject matter expertise in at least one of these areas.
- Some knowledge of Joint Commission areas. In addition, candidate must have some knowledge in carpentry and sheet rock work and repairs.
- The candidate must have extensive knowledge of use of power tools, hand tools and diagnostic equipment related to the disciplines above.
- Candidate should be able to read and follow blue prints, have an understanding of NFPA and Life Safety Codes applicable in a health care environment, and be computer literate.