Charge Registered Nurse (RN) - Total JointWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Nursing: Direct Care • 111943 • Days • Full-Time
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Rounds on every patient daily to evaluate quality and appropriateness of patient care including corrective action when needed utilizing peer coaching and 200% accountability.
* Performs or provides oversight for the Nursing Process (assessment; diagnosis; identification of outcomes; planning; implementation and evaluation) in the performance of clinical care using evidence base practice; analytical/critical thinking insuring that care is individualized; coordinating care through effective partnerships; caring is central to achieve optimal patient care outcomes.
* Provides or provides oversight for relationship based care delivery patient-centered care by partnering with the patient and significant others (as appropriate) using comprehensive hand-off communication processes; interdisciplinary evaluation and communication (i.e., unit rounds, case reviews, peer review, etc.); just in time and planned patient teaching; keeping the patient informed using appropriate communication tools and making the patient?s goals the focus of the plan of care.
* Practices using current clinical practice standards with a focus on safety and quality .
* Within the Emergency Department Setting: Charge Nurse rounds on patients in a modified method in conjunction with nurses to focus on patient safety concerns and patient care.
* Communicates with nurse manager and/or assistant nurse manager any needs or concerns pertaining to care delivery or employee performance.
* Coordinates the delivery and documentation of safe quality patient care which includes promotion of interdisciplinary communication and regular interdisciplinary planning/rounds; completion of timely documentation and promotion of a respectful, inclusive clinical environment (Interdisciplinary rounds do not apply in the Emergency Services setting).
* Demonstrates teamwork and collaboration by practicing in a manner that is fiscally responsible and promotes the recruitment and retention of all healthcare team members.
* Participates and supports performance improvement inclusive of all stakeholders, research and research utilization to promote safe, quality patient care including initiating and/or leading such activities as well as, promoting an inter/intra-disciplinary processes and actively supports/participates in shared governance at all levels in the system.
* Ensures patient/family/staff confidentiality and corporate compliance for self (and 200% accountability for team members) requirements including completing all required mandatory education and proficiencies.
* Serves as a preceptor (or mentor) for other professional nurses (and staff or students for all disciplines) to ensure that there is a current and future qualified workforce; modeling the professional practice of nursing and creating a healthy work environment.
* Promotes Evidence based practice, nursing research and performance improvement in nursing. Participates in activities such as value analysis as part of the decision making process in evaluating patient care products.
* Upholds all health care system/organizational policies and procedures and clinical competencies put forth by this job description and professional.association including legal, regulatory and accreditation requirements and standards ensuring by way of example, such goals as TJC Patient Safety Goals and WellStar Health Systems? safety absolutes.
* Participates in data collection, poses relevant clinical questions to advance evidence based practice. Consults appropriate experts and uses appropriate resources, data, and evidence to address practice questions.
* Monitors equipment inventory, location and utilization to ensure staff have tools and equipment needed to perform their job.
* Participates in planning and requesting resources for providing high quality care and assists in acquiring appropriate staffing during unexpected staffing shortages or surges in census.
* Proactively plans for the care of patients across the care continuum in the course of giving direct patient care. Participates in the development of protocols and procedures when called upon or through self-initiation in collaboration with care managers and other members of the health care team to achieve best practice outcomes (i.e., decrease in re-admission rates; avoidable days; adverse events; etc).
* Make Patient Assignments.
* Consideration for new grads, float and type of patient.
* Daily Discharge/Length of Stay Review.
* Round with Physicians/Surgeons.
* Assign Surgery Beds ? In Conjunction with Surgery Schedule.
* Consult with Supervisor Nursing Administration (House Supervisor) on Bed Flow and Availability.
* Emergency Services: Assignments for sections, manage waiting room, multiple areas open at different times.
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications