Home Health Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager - SmyrnaWellstar Post Acute Services • Marietta, GA • Homecare and Hospice • 63712 • Days • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The RN Case Manager Home Health is responsible for providing and supervising primary care to approximately 25-35 patients in their home setting. This includes age appropriate interventions that meet physical, emotional, developmental, psychosocial and educational needs.
The RN Case Manager is responsible for the coordination of all disciplines throughout the episode of care. The RN Case Manager communicates with all team members including RNs, LPNs, Therapists, Social Workers, Home Health Aides, the Physician, patient, family, and other internal or external individuals to ensure that the patient’s plan of care is appropriately developed, implemented and that goals are met.
The RN Case Manager supervises the LPNs and Home Health Aides throughout the patient plan of care. The RN Case Manager participates with leadership to develop and implement processes to continue improvement with patient and agency outcomes
Required Minimum Education:
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing,
Required Minimum Certification:
- Registered nurse, licensed by the state of Georgia.
- Current BLS certification.
Required Minimum Experience:
- One plus year of Medical/Surgical Nursing required.
- Home Health, and ICU experience preferred.
- Must possess extremely strong critical care nursing skills.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Strong critical care assessment and clinical skills required.
- Positive leadership, problem solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to write and follow directions to patient’s homes.
- Use of Windows based computer, utilizing home health patient software, email, internet, computer based learning modules, etc.
- Good understanding of home health operations, reimbursement, law and regulatory processes.
- OASIS knowledge preferred.