Registered Nurse (RN) - New Graduate Nurse Residency - Spring / Summer 2024 Cohorts - All Specialties1800 Parkway Center • Marietta, Georgia • Various Shift • Full Time • JR-2189
Facility: 1800 Parkway Center
Wellstar Health System is hiring New Grad Registered Nurses (RN) into our Nurse Residency Program.
We are hiring Spring / Summer 2024 New Graduate Nurses and/or New Graduate Nurses with less than 6 months of RN experience.
Apply today to attend our next Hiring Expo. Once details about our Hiring Expo are confirmed, you will receive more information on how to register.
The RN Resident is expected to successfully complete the 12-month Nurse Residency Program (NRP). The Wellstar program is designed to facilitate and provide support for a successful transition into professional practice for the new graduate RN with less than 6 months of experience as a Professional Registered Nurse.
RN Residents will participate in programs designed by 1) specialty/service line and 2) NRP sessions to support their development. The RN Resident will be supported by the Unit-Based Leaders, Educators, NRP RN educators, Site Coordinators, and Unit-Based Preceptors trained to support professional role transition, strengthen nursing practice comprehension, critical thinking, and clinical skills in preparation for providing excellent patient care on the unit. The Nurse Resident's orientation is comprised of the following sequential phases: System Orientation, Core Nursing Onboarding Sessions, Specialty Onboarding Sessions, and monthly NRP sessions.
The RN Resident, under the direct supervision of the Unit Manager and in collaboration with the Professional Nurse Educator, Assistant Nurse Manager, and his/her Preceptor, is responsible for the provision of nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with current Wellstar Standards of Care.
The RN Resident is a proactive member of an interprofessional team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients receive individualized, high quality, safe patient care. Families and significant others are viewed as engaged care team partners supporting the patient across the continuum of care. The framework for practice is guided by the Wellstar Professional Practice Model, Patient Care Delivery Model, evidence-based practice, and research. RN competencies are derived from these models and supported by the Wellstar Values in Action.
It is expected that all RN Residents are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice and the Code of Ethics Standards for Nurses put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected that the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals. Additionally, it is expected that RN Resident successfully complete the 12-month RN Residency in the unit in which they are hired.
Core Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Exemplary Practice and Outcomes
- Performs the Nursing Process (assessment; diagnosis; identification of outcomes; planning; implementation and evaluation) in the performance of clinical care using evidence base practice, uses analytical/critical thinking and ensuring that care is individualized; coordinating care through effective partnerships recognizing that caring is central to achieve optimal patient care outcomes.
- Provides patient and family centered care that is consistent with population specific characteristics (e.g. age, gender, disease, etc.) in a manner that adapts service delivery to reflect an understanding of cultural diversity Always partners with the patient and significant others (as appropriate) using such appropriate method for setting and purpose (e.g., bedside shift report; interdisciplinary rounds; just in time and planned patient teaching; keeping the patient and significant others updated and making the patient’s goals the focus of the plan of care.
- Practices using current clinical practice standards. Teamwork and Collaboration
- Coordinates the delivery and documentation of safe quality patient care that promotes the professional care delivery model. This includes, but is not limited to diverse and inclusive interdisciplinary communication methods (interdisciplinary rounds, case review, etc.); completion of timely documentation and promotion of a respectful, inclusive clinical environment
- Demonstrates teamwork and collaboration by practicing in a manner that is fiscally responsible and promotes the recruitment and retention of all healthcare team members.
- Participates and supports performance improvement inclusive of all stakeholders, research and research utilization to promote safe, quality patient care including initiating and/or leading such activities as well as, promoting an inter/intra-disciplinary process and actively supports/participates in shared governance at all levels in the system. Professional Development and Initiative
- Completes all initial and ongoing professional competency assessment, required mandatory education, population specific education.
- Serves as a preceptor and/or or mentor for other professional nurses (and staff or students for all disciplines) to ensure that there is a current and future qualified workforce; modeling the professional practice of nursing and creating a healthy work environment Evidence Based Practice and Research
- Promotes evidence-based practice, nursing research and performance improvement in nursing. Participates in activities such as value analysis as part of the decision-making process in evaluating patient care products.
- Upholds all health care system/organizational policies and procedures and clinical competencies put forth by this job description and professional association including legal, regulatory and accreditation requirements and standards ensuring by way of example, such goals as TJC Patient Safety Goals and Wellstar Health Systems’ safety absolutes
- Participates in data collection, poses relevant clinical questions to advanced evidence-based practice. Consults appropriate experts and uses appropriate resources and evidence to address practice questions. Resources and Support
- Proactively plans for the care of patients across the care continuum in the course of
- giving direct patient care.
- Participates in the development of protocols and procedures when called upon or through self-initiation in collaboration with care managers and other members of the health care team to achieve best practice outcomes (i.e., decrease in re-admission rates; avoidable days; adverse events; etc.).
- Supports efficient and effective use of human and material resources
Required Minimum Education:
Diploma from an accredited nursing program Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing
Bachelor's Degree BSN Preferred
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s):
Basic Life Support (BLS) - American Heart Association
Reg Nurse (Single State Georgia)
RN - Multi-state Compact
Additional Licenses and Certifications:
Required Minimum Experience:
Less than 6 months RN experience
Required Minimum Skills:
Ability to read, write and speak English language
optimizes the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills;
Strong interpersonal, collaborative skills along with customer service skills required;
Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and respond to emergencies in using a decisive, composed and respectful manner;
Possess excellent time management skills;
practices nursing using evidence and analytical skills along with possessing strong critical thinking skills;
Ability to communicate with various members of the healthcare team
Computer/data entry experience.
Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and have basic computer operational knowledge.
Epic and 3M experience preferred.
Join us and discover the support to do more meaningful work—and enjoy a more rewarding life. Connect with the most integrated health system in Georgia, and start a future that gives you more.
- RN WOC Marietta 02/27/2024
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Marietta Pulmonary Medicine Marietta 02/16/2024
- Nurse Professional Development Educator Generalist Marietta 02/27/2024