Post Acute NavigatorWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Nursing: Non-Bedside • 102835 • Days • Full-Time
The Post Acute Navigator is responsible for arranging home health, home medical equipment, home infusion, skilled nursing facility placement, long term acute care, hospice, and out-patient rehab services.. The Post Acute Navigator receivest client information from multiple referral services (i.e. Hospitals, Physician offices, Inpatient Rehab, Outpatient Wound Care Centers, Skilled Nursing Facilities, etc). Responsible for the timely completion and tracking of referrals. Document referral information in Electronic Medical Recors and communicate to referral source.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Review ordered services and Face to Face encounter for appropriateness and priority.
* Gather and review presence of qualifiying criteria for services ordered
* Review payor considerations related to provider selection to include MVP search
* Review geographical location of services to be provided.
* Review for existing or patient?s preferred provider
* Compile clinical information using PixCert and Electronic Medial Record
* Perform double check of complete referral
* Direct referral to designated referral source within WellStar Post Acute Care or alternate provider as appropriate
* Communicates with providers, facilities via fax/telephone/EMR to determine acceptances and arrangements of services
* Continue communication with difficult placement as appropriate
* Communicate with Care Coordination and Wellstar Homecare to expedite discharge
* Complete electronic documentation in medical record regarding coordination of services, complete other documentation and data entry as appropriate.
* Maintain seamless transition for patients from inpatient acute and MD offices to outpatient post acute services
* Maintain positive professional liaison relationship with members of the inpatient acute, MD office and outpatient post acute teams
* Attend and participate in discharge planning meetings to expedite timely and appropriate discharges
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications