Nurse Navigator - Stroke ClinicWellstar Medical Group • Marietta, GA • Nursing: Non-Bedside • 111944 • Days • Full-Time
This is a liaison position requiring clinical experience, self-direction, attention to detail and follow-up, and ability
to communicate effectively with staff, patients, families and the public. In conjunction with physicians and
members of disease-specific teams, the Nurse Navigator is responsible for guidance and coordination of
services for Stroke clinic patients and their caregivers through the continuum of care.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Patient Coordinator and Liaison
* Coordinate patient follow through: Pre-Op, Acute, and Post-Operative phase.
* Ensures compliance with regulatory standards to obtain or maintain disease specific certification.
* Work with Unit Manager to address individual program expectations related to patient care outcomes.
* Serve as a liaison between patient and physician
* surgery. Identify patients who will benefit from navigation and assistance with barriers including.
* but not limited to: insurance, financial issues, need for personal support, mobility or sensory.
* deficits, transportation and language.
* Maintain and disseminate current information about medical and community resources.
* Evaluate outcomes of interventions and services and revise strategies as needed.
* Be available to patients and staff as resource for information, questions and concerns.
* Use Evidence Based practice to guide new initiatives in the community and in the inpatient arena related.
* to both bariatric and spine surgery. Coordinates with unit Manager/Educator/APN on maintaining best practices.
* Facilitate Performance Improvement activities with primary focus on patient outcomes and program efficiency.
* Identify or assist in developing appropriate multimedia education material with input and approval of Disease Site Team and Marketing Department.
* Provide and document initial and ongoing education to patients and caregivers about disease, treatment, diagnostic procedures, and other information.
* Participate in community outreach related services.
* Use adult learning principles when developing or presenting information.
- Professional Nurse Practice
* Manner and dress reflect image of professional health care provider in World Class Health setting.
* Demonstrate outstanding written, verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Possess current knowledge about disease, therapy, diagnostics, technology etc. by seeking and participating in formal and informal education opportunities.
* Workwith unit Inpatient Educator to coordinate professional education for the staff and the community.
- Customer Service/Employee Engagement
* Partners with Professional Practice and Unit Managers to reinforce expectations in pathway
* implementation at the local level.
* Participates in service recovery, as needed.
* Serves as a secondary liaison to the physicians to facilitate physician satisfaction.
* Assists Unit Managers with team building efforts to facilitate engagement, attending staff meetings,as needed.
* Monitors customer satisfaction and feedback and offers suggestions for improvement.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing Required or
- Master's Degree Science degree in Nursing Required
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 3 years of adult acute care clinical experience. Required
Required Minimum Skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- strong communication and interpersonal skills with a positive presence.
- critical thinking, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- broad-based knowledge of clinical, psychosocial and pathophysiological theories
- related to nursing diagnosis and treatment.
- teaching skills and understanding of group dynamics.
- Ability to multi-task
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Reg Nurse (Single State) Required
- RN - Multi-state Compact Required
- Basic Life Support Required
- BLS - Instructor Required
- BLS - Provisional Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications