Practice Manager - Summit SurgicalWellstar Medical Group • Marietta, GA • Leadership • 106430 • Days, Various • Full-Time
The WellStar Medical Group Practice Manager (PM) is an integral role within WellStar Health System. This leader integrates patient experience, operational effectiveness, cultural integration, and system outcomes within the practice(s). As a member of the WellStar Medical Group, the PM is directly responsible for the overall office operations including directing daily clinical and business functions. The PM will plan, supervise, and coordinate day-to-day operations of a WellStar Medical Group practice. The PM is also responsible for maintaining compliance with all regulatory agencies associated with WellStar Health System and WellStar Medical Group. Additionally, the PM will be responsible for practice specific regulations as it applies to their specialty.
The PM selects and hires employees according to WellStar's established guidelines; while monitoring, coaching, developing and evaluating performance of staff on an ongoing basis in accordance with WellStar's performance standards. The position will maintain clinical quality, financial viability, patient experience, staff, and provider engagement. In collaboration with associated departments, the PM Maintains proficiency in business operations and resolves operational issues and problems.
The PM will support eight (8) or more providers (physicians and advanced practice professionals) with two (2) or more locations; or one (1) location with ten (10) or more providers. A PM leader may also support one (1) Urgent Care facility as this is a site that operates seven days per week with availability and holidays.
590 Nancy Street
Marietta, Georgia 30060
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Vision, Strategic Planning and Business Planning
* Understands, supports and communicates to the practice the WellStar Health System vision, strategic plan and business plan
* Aligns practice goals with organization?s mission to ensure outstanding quality and service
* Creates the culture needed to carry out the strategic objectives and organizational goals related to quality and service
* Identifies opportunities for continuous growth via patient access, operational workflows, and patient outcomes
- Human Resource Management
* Adheres to WellStar Health System?s policy and procedure regarding overall human resource management and applies such policies and procedures consistently.
* Demonstrates effective hiring and management of staff.
* Employee engagement/ performance management, training, and evaluation
* Compliant with State and Federal laws
- Clinical Quality
* Works collaboratively with WMG Clinical Services and WMG Clinical Informatics to improve clinical quality outcomes through:
* Quality control
* Infection Prevention
* Med reconciliation, immunizations, diabetes education, etc.
* Supporting the nursing process, policy, and procedures across the continuum
* Role clarity of all clinical staff, including RNs, LPNs, and Medical Assistants
* Support clinical competency of licensed and unlicensed clinical staff
- Leadership and Professional Responsibility
* Cultivates a relationship of mutual respect and trust with providers and staff. Works in conjunction with Director of Practice Operations to facilitate provider understanding and acceptance of good business management.
* Seeks out opportunities to network and enhance practice management knowledge base. Actively participates in organizational activities and continuing education.
* Exhibits professionalism in dress, style, and manner.
- Practice Operations/ Financial Resource Management
* Assures resource management to achieve practice business goals.
* Manages practice operations to assure financial viability through service quality and clinical excellence.
* Assures appropriate IS and communication systems are available to meet practice needs.
* Administers accounting and financial control systems, accounts receivables and budgets
* Utilizes financial and operational principles in daily and long-term practice operations
- Compliance and Risk Management
* Supports and applies a working knowledge of WellStar Health System?s Standard and Department Policies and Procedures.
* Upholds all applicable regulatory agency guidelines
- Patient Experience
* Adheres, supports, and embodies WellStar Health System?s mission, vision, and credo.
* Patient Experience: Embrace and influence patient experience through AIDET and NRC reports
* Responsible for meeting patient experience goals through operational effectiveness, patient follow up, and standardization of practices.
* Employee Engagement: The ability to extend and grow trust through leadership behaviors
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field of study from an accredited university with a Minimum 3 years of management experience Required or
- Associate's Degree Required and
- five (5) years of management experience Required or
- In lieu of bachelor?s degree 7 years of management experience Required
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 3 years of management experience required
- Completion of a Wellstar Administrative Fellowship
Required Minimum Skills
- Professional-level computer skills and advanced experience with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written/ verbal communication and presentation skills; a superior degree of professionalism, diplomacy, and discretion; excellent judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills; as well as strong customer-service skills.
- Works closely with physicians, other providers, and WellStar Administration to establish and meet short- and long-term strategic practice goals.
- Understands and applies fundamental principles of financial analysis, strategic planning, operations, human resources, and information systems.
- Consistently demonstrates strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop staff, collaborate with physicians, and maintain positive patient interactions.
- Proactively searches for and recommends opportunities to enhance practice services and revenue
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- Dir Practice Operations Marietta 06/01/2023
- Dir Provider Recruitment Marietta 05/28/2023
- Mgr Practice Marietta 05/25/2023