Practice Manager - Internal Medicine @ White CircleWellstar Medical Group • Marietta, GA • Leadership • 105472 • Days • Full-Time
The WellStar Medical Group Practice Manager (PM) is an integral role within WellStar Health System. This leader integrates patient experience, operational effectiveness, cultural integration, and system outcomes within the practice(s). As a member of the WellStar Medical Group, the PM is directly responsible for the overall office operations including directing daily clinical and business functions. The PM will plan, supervise, and coordinate day-to-day operations of a WellStar Medical Group practice. The PM is also responsible for maintaining compliance with all regulatory agencies associated with WellStar Health System and WellStar Medical Group. Additionally, the PM will be responsible for practice specific regulations as it applies to their specialty.
The PM selects and hires employees according to WellStar's established guidelines; while monitoring, coaching, developing and evaluating performance of staff on an ongoing basis in accordance with WellStar's performance standards. The position will maintain clinical quality, financial viability, patient experience, staff, and provider engagement. In collaboration with associated departments, the PM Maintains proficiency in business operations and resolves operational issues and problems.
The PM will support eight (8) or more providers (physicians and advanced practice professionals) with two (2) or more locations; or one (1) location with ten (10) or more providers. A PM leader may also support one (1) Urgent Care facility as this is a site that operates seven days per week with availability and holidays.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Understands, supports and communicates to the practice the WellStar Health System vision, strategic plan and business plan
* Aligns practice goals with organization?s mission to ensure outstanding quality and service
* Creates the culture needed to carry out the strategic objectives and organizational goals related to quality and service
* Identifies opportunities for continuous growth via patient access, operational workflows, and patient outcomes
* Adheres to WellStar Health System?s policy and procedure regarding overall human resource management and applies such policies and procedures consistently.
* Demonstrates effective hiring and management of staff.
* Employee engagement/ performance management, training, and evaluation
* Compliant with State and Federal laws
* Works collaboratively with WMG Clinical Services and WMG Clinical Informatics to improve clinical quality outcomes through:
* Quality control
* Infection Prevention
* Med reconciliation, immunizations, diabetes education, etc.
* Supporting the nursing process, policy, and procedures across the continuum
* Role clarity of all clinical staff, including RNs, LPNs, and Medical Assistants
* Support clinical competency of licensed and unlicensed clinical staff
* Cultivates a relationship of mutual respect and trust with providers and staff. Works in conjunction with Director of Practice Operations to facilitate provider understanding and acceptance of good business management.
* Seeks out opportunities to network and enhance practice management knowledge base. Actively participates in organizational activities and continuing education.
* Exhibits professionalism in dress, style, and manner.
* Assures resource management to achieve practice business goals.
* Manages practice operations to assure financial viability through service quality and clinical excellence.
* Assures appropriate IS and communication systems are available to meet practice needs.
* Administers accounting and financial control systems, accounts receivables and budgets
* Utilizes financial and operational principles in daily and long-term practice operations
* Supports and applies a working knowledge of WellStar Health System?s Standard and Department Policies and Procedures.
* Upholds all applicable regulatory agency guidelines
* Adheres, supports, and embodies WellStar Health System?s mission, vision, and credo.
* Patient Experience: Embrace and influence patient experience through AIDET and NRC reports
* Responsible for meeting patient experience goals through operational effectiveness, patient follow up, and standardization of practices.
* Employee Engagement: The ability to extend and grow trust through leadership behaviors
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- Dir Practice Operations Marietta 06/01/2023
- Dir Provider Recruitment Marietta 05/28/2023
- Mgr Practice Marietta 05/25/2023