Nurse Manager - FloatWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Nursing Leadership • 111419 • Days • Full-Time
The nurse manager is a registered professional nurse who provides leadership and management of a specific unit(s) or service through the effective use of knowledge and skills to promote the creation of a center of excellence for staff recruitment and retention and clinical and business outcomes. The nurse manager is the standard bearer on his/her unit and holds all participants on his/her unit accountable for the delivery of care and services through effective communication; observation; and the management and measurement of specific interventions/practices and their associated outcomes. Responsibilities include clinical, financial, human and material resources deployment and associated outcomes or goals.
The Nurse Manager serves as a chief retention and safety officer and ensures that safety and quality standards are upheld or met by effective use of data and technology to make decisions and proactively mitigates unnecessary risks for his/her area of responsibility. The Nurse Manager creates and ensures a desirable, safe work environment that enables the organization to meet or exceed its mission and goals. He/she models the way to foster communication and collaboration with physicians, staff, patients and other departments. Role specific competencies, responsibilities, roles and functions are based on the Professional Practice Model, 5-Star Nursing.
It is expected that all RN Clinical Nurses are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals..
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Engages staff in decision making via shared governance processes and partners with others to promote relationship-based care delivery systems that support patient centered care and service excellence while effectively providing leadership and management for a specific business/clinical unit(s). Possesses and uses good negotiation and mediation skills.
* Serves as the unit/program?s chief retention and safety officer to manage talent and protect/carefully deploy human and material resources through effective use knowledge.
* Analyzes and manages financial resources; uses lean and other quality skills to reduce waste and improve performance of operations and clinical systems of care; integrates marketing and communication strategies to advance one?s service line and organization as a whole
* Effectively communicates to diverse audiences on nursing, health care and organizational issues which includes the ability to set standards and hold leaders and staff accountable for performance standards. Proactively establishes a healthy work place by reducing or resolving unnecessary conflict (when necessary, partnering with Human Resources), and promotes achievement of positive team dynamics
* Establishes partnerships by employing strong relationship building skills with staff, departments and medical staff by striving to understand others (and situations) and keeping the long view in mind ? is fair and just using reflective practice skills to monitor self and others performance/interaction skills exercising coaching and guiding skills
* Creates opportunities for self and leaders/staff to grow professionally and implements a desirable workplace to recruit and retain talented leaders and staff
* Promote staff competency in clinical care delivery
* Holds self and staff to the highest professional standards and ethics ensuring corporate compliance standards etc. are met by leaders and staff. Is an active member of one?s professional community and serves as a role model for professional nursing practice and nursing leadership, possesses hiring skills and supports effective orientation and onboarding of new staff, advances the field through transformational executive leadership and scholarly activity
* Successfully employs change management strategies and instills in self and others the curiosity to explore new knowledge and ideas. Possesses skill and exercises necessary respect while managing a varied generational and diverse leadership team and workforce
* Possess necessary Knowledge about health care financing and uses this knowledge and skill to ensure the effective management of human and material resources; designing and implementing systems to manage and measure outcomes to achieve expected business and clinical goals and objectives for self, staff and unit performance ? develops operational budget and manages it to target level performance or better
* Represents the organization positively to the community, building credibility and willingness to serve on committees and task forces as needed to share knowledge and skill; champion a service line or need; and seeks opportunities to advance skill and scope of responsibilities
* Promotes Evidence based practice, nursing research and performance improvement in nursing. Participates in activities such as value analysis as part of the decision making process in evaluating patient care products.
* Effectively identifies areas of risk and proactively works to ensure compliance and safety standards. This includes assuring service meets or exceed licensure, regulatory and accreditation standards
* Applies the effective use of data and evidence to support decision making for clinical and operational responsibilities and demonstrates awareness of legal and ethical issues related to patient and staff data, information and confidentiality
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications