Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - OncologyWellstar Cobb Hospital • Marietta, GA • Nursing Support • 115080 • Days • Full-Time
The Medical Assistant functions under the direction of the Registered Nurse, Nurse Manager, and/or a Nurse Supervisor. Recognizes patient's needs and symptoms in advance. Provides care for the patient under the orders of a physician helping Patients diagnosed with cancers and patients diagnosed with blood disorders are seen by providers and staff. All patients have regular labs which are drawn and run onsite Treatments for both types of patients are completed in the infusion center. At Jasper that is within the clinic and at Spalding it's at the hospital infusion room.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Rooming patients for providers
- Vital signs
- Stocking rooms
- Phlebotomy and specimen preparation
- Ordering supplies
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma Required and
- equivalent Required
- Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program Preferred and
- Graduate from a newly formed medical assistant program in which the program has the intent to seek CAAHEP or ABHES accreditation Preferred and
Required Minimum Experience
- Work experience in a practice setting Preferred and
- experience in oncology Phlebotomy certification Preferred and
- and/or will provide training within first sixty days. Required
Required Minimum Skills
- Must be organized and attentive to detail.
- Must be able to work efficiently to assure patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills.
- The employee should also be able to adhere to the WellStar Credo and Code of Conduct.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Basic Life Support Required
- BLS - Instructor Required
- BLS - Provisional Required
- Cert Medical Assistant Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications