Maintenance MechanicWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Facility, Environmental, and Nutrition & Food Services • 114881 • Days • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Maintenance Mechanic will maintain and repair mechanical and electrical equipment and systems to include but not be limited to: pumps, motors, lamp ballasts, lamping, light to medium carpentry work, commercial door repairs, automatic door operators, light to medium sheetrock repairs, general plumbing repairs of valves, piping, and pneumatic control air systems and compressors if applicable. Will complete apprentice to journeyman's work. Position also performs preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and systems.
- Daily Repairs
- Responds to both telephoned service requests and detailed project work orders as requested on a daily basis.
- Identifies the complexity of the work required, tools necessary to accomplish the work and spare parts and materials required to complete the job requested.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for spare parts and materials and submits for approval and acquisition to Coordinator, receives materials and closes out documentation within three days to ensure budget requirements are met.
- Makes all repairs requested in a timely fashion and turns in completed documentation on the date of the repair or work to ensure close out of documentation on the computerized maintenance management system as required.
- Assists in maintaining on hand critical spare parts and materials by conducting periodic inventory and requisitioning replacements to ensure continuity of our work effort.
- Rekeying locks, repairing and unlocking automatic and manual doors and repairing and/or building locks, knobs and handles as applicable.
- Preventative Maintenance
- Receives preventative maintenance work requests as they are printed and assesses requirements for completion as pertains to materials, access to equipment/systems and schedules the repair.
- Conduct preventative maintenance as specified in the work request and follows the tasking required until completion.
- Notes any deficiencies related to the preventative maintenance effort that are out of the norm and reports them to the Coordinator immediately for disposition and further action.
- Follows up on repair efforts of deficiencies noted to ensure closure of the relevant documents to be compliant with Code and JCAHO Survey requirements.
- Turns in completed PM documentation on the date the work is completed to ensure closure of the document in our CMMS system is done in a timely fashion.
- Assists others in preventative maintenance efforts as required
- Miscellaneous Duties
- Makes monthly tours of assigned work Zone and notes all repairs required for the zone, requiring technical assistance for completion.
- Conducts inspections of above the ceiling fire and smoke walls in the assigned work Zone to ensure penetrations are sealed as required by Code.
- Notifies Coordinator of such repairs, in writing, to ensure continuity of repair efforts in a proactive fashion rather than reactive.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Coordinator
Required Minimum Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent Required
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience in general mechanical maintenance and repairs Required
Required Minimum Skills:
- Candidate will have basic knowledge in Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, some TV, some nurse call, some tube system, medical air, automatic and manual doors.
- Candidate should have good mechanical repair skills and light electrical skills.
- This should include verifiable experience in trouble shooting and repair of pumps, motors, pneumatic control air systems, light to medium plumbing repairs, commercial door repair and installation and automatic door operator repairs if applicable.
- In addition, candidate must have knowledge in light carpentry and sheet rock work and repairs.
- The candidate must have working knowledge of use of power tools, hand tools and diagnostic equipment related to the disciplines above.
- Candidate must be able to read and follow blue prints, has a basic understanding of NFPA and Life Safety Codes applicable in a health care environment and be computer literate.