Kitchen Cleaning & Sanitation Support / DishwasherKennestone Hospital • Marietta, Georgia • Day Shift • Part Time • JR-1128
Facility: Kennestone Hospital
Kitchen Cleaning & Sanitation Support / Dishwasher
Primary focus of this position is Kitchen Cleaning & Sanitation Support / Dishwashing
Responsible for performing duties in a variety of areas which may include all or one of the following:
Utility - safely transporting patient meal food carts to and from nursing units, warewashing of dishes, pots and pans; basic housekeeping of walls, floors, windows and equipment.
Retail - serving, prepping, cleaning, restocking, cashiering, while also demonstrating great customer service skills.
Tray Line - working on a patient tray assembly line, preparing patient meals within the specifications of the diet order and patient preferences.
Core Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Ensures the Safety of Customers and Team Members according to Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and County Health Department Guidelines:
* Washes hands frequently and appropriately wears gloves.
* Follows infection prevention practices, including personal hygiene expectations (i.e., fingernail length and finish) and reports potential risks.
* Maintains all the work areas in a clean and organized manner; free of spills and fall hazards.
* Monitors and records food and/or equipment temperatures; immediately correcting/escalating "out of range" occurrences.
* Stores food and/or supplies using proper labeling, dating and rotation methods.
* Operates equipment according to all safety guidelines and escalates any unsafe conditions (i.e., frayed electrical cords).
- Ensures Positive Service Outcomes:
* Follows department work schedule (including weekends and holidays) and arrives at the work station prior to task start time.
* Sets up, maintains and breaks down workstation according to area requirements.
* Follows written and verbal instructions and station responsibilities with accuracy and attention to detail.
* Completes area checklists and forms.
* Operates and cares for equipment according to manufacturer's and area specific guidelines.
* Remains flexible to support other team members across the department to achieve desired service outcomes.
- Engages in Efforts to Create a World Class Work Environment:
* Follows work area's uniform specifications, i.e., clothing and shoes are neat and clean.
* Collaborates with team members and Leadership to meet the goals and objectives of the Department and Hospital.
* Communicates in a respectful manner and in terms that are clear and concise.
* Respects the cultural traditions of team members and customers.
Required for All Jobs:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
Required Minimum Experience: Hospital foodservice experience and customer service experience highly preferred.
Required Minimum Skills: Ability to communicate and understand verbal and written English language and Math.
Join us and discover the support to do more meaningful work—and enjoy a more rewarding life. Connect with the most integrated health system in Georgia, and start a future that gives you more.
- Certified Surgical Tech - Weekends Marietta 02/27/2024
- Bistro Assistant - Part Time Marietta 02/19/2024
- Sanitation Tech - Nutrition & Food Services - Part Time Marietta 02/19/2024