Inventory Specialist IIWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Professional • 108799 • Evenings, Nights • Full-Time
Functions under the direction of the Supply Supervisor and site manager. Responsible for daily supply assessment and replenishment of supplies for nursing and procedural units at Wellstar's hospital facilities that exceed 299 licensed beds. Responsible for the supply location replenishment and distribution of supplies for perpetual and non-perpetual inventory locations. Possess skills to engage clinicians and problem solve. Must be able to work in a group and independently. Where applicable, flexibility with work hours may require adjusting 1-2 hours based on facility demand. A 30-day notification is provided for any schedule change.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Performs daily supply assessment and replenishment of supplies for nursing and procedural units.
* Check stock status/back orders of stock.
* Contact Consolidated Service Center (CSC) to request Code Red/Urgent shipment.
* Check expiration dates and rotates stock during daily replenishment.
* Retrieves, issues, and maintains minor equipment.
* Where applicable, Perpetual Inventory processing.
* Fulfill Supply/equipment requests
* Inventory decrementing via Data entry:
* Conduct storeroom issues and returns.
* Retrieves outbound freight from customers.
* Creates, schedules, and tracks transportation of goods between Wellstar sites via internal/external courier services.
* Maintains transportation log of all outbound freight.
* Receives, handles, and transports pharmaceuticals throughout the facility.
* Effectively communicates with customer.
* Friendly and courteous.
* Meets or exceeds customer?s expectations.
* Serves as a liaison between customer and supplier.
* Conducts expiration date checks on all stock items.
* Properly documents expired items.
* Quantify value of expired items.
* Proper handling of sharps and expired product disposal per Joint Commission regulations.
* Ensures supply areas adhere to Joint Commission regulations.
* Ensures supply areas are maintained and clearly labeled for safety.
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications