Front Office TrainerWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Administrative and Clerical • 112080 • Days • Full-Time
The Outpatient Rehab Front Office Coordinator is experienced in the administrative/clinical processes of outpatient rehab and functions under the direction of the Front Office Manager. This role provides training for new employees and existing employees for the patient services representatives and patient account representatives within the dept. The coordinator provides on-going support as needed to the outpatient rehabilitation dept.
This employee has the ability to support and promote the delivery of safe, age appropriate and culturally aware patient care. Serves as resource to all levels of outpatient rehab staff and provides staff education, demonstrates inter-disciplinary collaboration, fosters communication and collaborative practice with referring physicians and serves as a positive role model to promote the professional image of outpatient rehab and expert clinical practice. The Outpatient Rehab Front Office Trainer participates in the identification, development, and monitoring of performance improvement activities to improve quality of patient care.
- Professional Development
- Serves as mentor in development of staff
- Demonstrates commitment to lifelong learning by maintaining current knowledge related to patient population served, best practices in teaching and learning, evidence-based practice and current health care trends
- Assists in assessing staff learning needs quarterly and deploys strategies to meet these needs using innovative teaching strategies including formal and informal learning methods.
- Planning, scheduling, implementation and documentation
- Responsible for all onboarding and assists with ongoing education to outpatient rehab PSR, PAR, and PRN PSR staff to assure competency and thorough understanding of role and requirements
- Delivers initial training on all front office duties to all new patient service representatives and patient account representatives
- Advises area managers with developing appropriate orientation and training materials that meet job duties
- Analyzes resumes, interviews, and assists with hiring of new employees
- Maintains records of all training received by employees
- Assists with on-going education related to new procedures, process, and /or equipment.
- Performs quarterly front office audits of 50% of OP Rehab clinics and reports findings to Front Office Manager
- Communicates with Outpatient Rehab leaders regarding educations needs of employees
- Provide information to department managers regarding employee performance as indicated;
- Provide feedback and documentation regarding the orientation or educational process of employees, and ongoing educational needs identified during the instruction, orientation, and training process in order to assist in performance review process
- Other Duties as assigned
- Assures Outpatient Rehab education, training and orientation is congruent with WellStar educational standards
- Assist Manager with educational needs of department as indicated
- Provide coverage for all front office staff when short-staffed, or as needed
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma or GED
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a healthcare, business or medical office setting, physician practice strongly preferred.
- Experience in Physical, Occupation, or Speech Therapy strongly desired