Floor Technician Environmental Services - Full Time - Days - Environmental Services UnitWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Facility, Environmental, and Nutrition & Food Services • 106148 • Days • Full-Time
This critical role provides the full range of support necessary for regular, terminal, and isolation cleaning. Perform daily maintenance and major restoration of hard and carpeted surface areas in accordance with department and Wellstar Health System policies and procedures. Perform cleaning using the step process in areas as assigned. Conduct project cleaning of walls, entrances, common areas, windows vents, sidewalks, etc. as assigned. Adhere to all policies and procedures set by Wellstar Health System and the department. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
More general duties include the following; 1) Proper removal, placement and transporting of waste (i.e. Solid, Chemotherapy, Bio-Hazard, Pharmaceutical, & Hot), recyclables, and other regulated materials; 2) Proper use of Ultra Violet Light devices; and 3) Changing out, removal and replacement of containers (Sharps, Pharmacy Waste, Bio-Hazard, & Chemo Therapy). Since this role is extremely visible to all stakeholders, the incumbent must have good customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with staff members, guests, patients and their families. Individuals will be trained and authorized to handle the proper duties in their assigned areas.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Analyzes carpeted and hard surface floors, and applies correct maintenance procedures. Performs cleaning function using the steps process in all assigned areas.
* Assist in cleanup of emergency spills as requested or observed. Floor care duties include but are not limited to stripping and refinishing hard surface floors, deep cleaning of carpets and maintenance processes related to floor care.
* Employee job duties includes the proper removal of trash and linen, ensuring that waste streams guidelines and protocol is followed based on waste type, i.e. solid waste, bio-waste, chemotherapy waste, pharmaceutical waste, etc. The transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment.
* Monitors and reports any equipment issues or shortages. Stocks supplies.
* Accesses secure medication rooms for cleaning purposes only.
* Must possess the ability to perform required performance maintenance (PM?s) on battery operated and cord operated floor care equipment.
* Performs the full range of restroom cleaning and complete patient room cleaning. Always following the cleaning protocol as determined by room, area, location type, i.e. regular room cleaning, terminal cleaning, isolation room cleaning, etc.
* Follows infection prevention protocols, knowledgeable of and selects the proper chemicals to accomplish cleaning task(s).
* Performs the full range of routine type cleaning tasks such as maintenance of wall, doors, glass/windows, furniture, equipment, floors to include dust mopping, wet mopping, corners, edges, base coves, kick plates, etc.
* Consistently uses correct personal protective equipment (PPE) and donning and doffing techniques to ensure personal safety and that of others.
* Consistently uses proper lifting techniques to avoid personal injury.
* Comply with all hospital and department rules, policies and procedures.
* Follow all protocol for proper and safe us of Ultra Violet Light equipment.
* Places proper type, size and number of replacement liners in waste containers and complete proper tie off as required.
* Work with special project team and/or projects as assigned by supervisor.
* Participate in performance improvement projects as required.
- Customer Service
* Consistently practices skills and behaviors that support efforts toward ?World Class Servicer?.
* Consistently practices great customer service shills and interpersonal skills when interacting with patients, patient family members, guest and co-workers.
* Always exhibit a positive disposition when greeting and supporting staff members, patients, and visitors.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Floor Technician - Environmental Services
Environmental Services Unit
Day Shift 7a-3:30 pm
Monday – Friday and every other weekend
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma or equivalent Preferred
Required Minimum Experience
- Some experience Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- The ability to speak fluent English must possess the ability to read.
- write and understand simple instructions in English.
- The satisfactory completion of the Departmental Training Program must be accomplished during the first thirty (30) days of employment.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- Sup Laundry Marietta 06/01/2023
- Dishwasher Marietta 06/01/2023
- Security Officer 1 Marietta 06/01/2023