Medical Director, DEIWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Leadership • 105471 • Days • Part-Time
The Medical Director for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) will work in partnership with members of the executive leadership team, management, medical staff and nursing staff to create sustainable processes, policies and initiatives designed to foster diversity and equity, build cultural competence and achieve an inclusive environment throughout the WHS. The DE&I Medical Director will report to the VP, Population Health with a matrixed reporting relationship to the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, to develop, manage and deliver strategic and tactical initiatives to all stakeholders with the goal of maximizing organizational performance, valuing difference, enhancing patient experience, increasing employee engagement and developing additional community partnerships.
Advise and guide WellStar Center for Health Equity which focuses on addressing social determinants of health gaps, reducing disparities in incidence and burden of disease experienced by disadvantaged and underserved populations. The Center will concentrate on 'keeping the public healthy' by developing, implementing, evaluating and disseminating effective and efficient strategies to address inequities.
To ensure that this important work will be delivered, the Medical Director, Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity will be a protected and dedicated 0.5 FTE position.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- 1. Engage in development of strategies, initiatives and practices to address health care gap/disparities through Wellstar?s Center for Health Equity
a. Participate in development and facilitation of community health and population health initiatives aimed at advancing and aligning population health, clinical integration, and community health;
b. Build partnerships and initiatives with entities and organizations internal and external to Wellstar to address community health needs, health disparities and social determinants
c. Participate in development of process and policies for comprehensive community health interventions and health education through community-based programming
d. Invest and actively engage with community organizations to improve the health of underserved communities and partner with local ?grassroots? efforts to serve communities in WCHE?s regions and pursue policy advocacy to support community health priorities.
e. Assist in development of standards for measuring community health outcomes that is a comprehensive and integrated approach through evaluation of community health initiatives.
- 2. Work in close collaboration with the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer to develop, plan and align processes, policies, strategies and tactics for Wellstar Health System to be culturally competent and to leverage and advance diversity, equity and inclusion
a. Evaluate current diversity, inclusion and cultural competency training; assist in development and delivery training tool kits for all stakeholders of the organization and to understand implicit/unconscious biases
b. Build and empower diverse teams across the organization that proportionately represent our customer base.
c. Imbed best practices of diversity, inclusion and equity into our cultural roadmap
d. Assist (in partnership with HR) in creating meaningful mentoring initiatives that integrate diversity goals into all succession planning programs.
- 3. Work collaboratively with the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, Service Line Leaders and Human Resources to promote culturally appropriate internal and external practices around physician outreach, development and education
a. Partner with Graduate Medical Education (GME) to engage the medical staff in the recruitment, retention and mentoring of house staff and faculty from underrepresented minority (URM) groups
b. Serve as an external spokesperson, representing WCHE, and ensure stakeholder awareness, alignment, and support of community health initiatives.
Required Minimum Education
- Doctorate Graduation from an accredited medical school; MD or DO Degree is required as is Board Certification in a clinical discipline. Required
- Master's Degree Completion of the Physician in Management series of the American College of Physician Executives is also desirable as is an advanced management degree (MBA, MHA, M.P.H., etc.) Additional education and coursework in management or business is desired Preferred
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Medical Doctor Required
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- Board Certification in a clinical discipline.
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 5 years clinical practice, with a reputation as an excellent clinician required. Clinical credibility is a must.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a community health setting working with the underserved populations. Demonstrated experience fostering innovations and community engagement within a health equity framework is required.
- Dir Practice Operations Marietta 06/01/2023
- Dir Provider Recruitment Marietta 05/28/2023
- Mgr Practice Marietta 05/25/2023