Customer Service & Collections RepWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Professional • 114701 • • Full-Time
Functions under the direction of the Supervisor Customer Service. Makes outbound calls and receives inbound calls relative to the management, cash collection and/or final disposition of patient account balances due from patients and/or other responsible parties, optimizing cash flow, while demonstrating excellent customer service skills.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Receives computer generated, management-assigned ?work queues? or account inventories of self-pay account balances to be collected or achieve final resolution
* Via inbound / outbound phone calls, letters, emails, faxes or walk in visits, etc., works with patients/responsible party and negotiates acceptable payment arrangements to resolve the account balance.
* Validates accuracy of self-pay balance and validates with patient their responsibility and determines there is no other responsible party or other coverage (previously undocumented).
* Documents negotiated payment commitment in account notes and ?queues? account for appropriate future follow up. Accepts payments via credit card, check or cash.
* Answer calls regarding Financial Assistance Program. Provide caller with all information available to representative relative to the application and the process. Provide either a mailed copy of the Financial Assistance Program application or direct patient to the online version.
* Refer calls to other entities handling WellStar accounts, including but not limited to bad debt agencies, Harkins and Henry, etc.
* Demonstrates proficiency in customer service, customer satisfaction and service recovery situations
* Demonstrates professional and congenial relationships with both inside (inter-departmental and associated departmental) and outside or external (patients, physician office colleagues, third party payers, etc.) customers
* Avoids ?defensive? behaviors; listens well and responds in a positive, reassuring manner to achieve desired results
* Completes all other duties as assigned
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
? learn quickly and meet continuous timelines
? exhibit behaviors consistent with principles of excellent service
? demonstrate and maintain competency as required for job title and the unit/area(s) of assignment
? Exhibit behaviors consistent with standards of performance improvement and organizational values (e.g., efficiency and financial responsibility, safety, partnership & service, teamwork, compassion, integrity, and trust & respect)
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications