GME - Core Faculty - Dept of Internal Medicine KennestoneWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Physicians • 110404 • Days • Full-Time
Love teaching residents? WellStar Health System GME Department of Internal Medicine located at Wellstar Kennestone Regional Medical Center in Marietta, GA, is seeking a dynamic board-certified internal medicine physician to join the department as a core faculty member. The program is looking to recruit a qualified MD/DO dedicated to teaching, scholarly activity, and clinical excellence.
The position is full-time core faculty in the outpatient setting.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Devote sufficient time to the educational program to fulfill their supervisory and teaching responsibilities and to demonstrate a strong interest in the education of residents in ambulatory clinic.
2. Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating residents in each of the ACGME competency areas.
3. Maintain clinical skills by providing direct patient care and precepting residents in Clinic.
4. Maintain an environment of inquiry and scholarship with an active research component.
5. Regularly participate in organized clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, ambulatory care rounds and conferences and encourage and support residents in scholarly activities.
6. Commit to the goals of the Program, including development of the resident medical knowledge, clinical, technical, management skills and clinical judgment and serve as an advisor to a complement of residents.
7. Attend all faculty meetings and appropriate staff meetings as determined by the Program Director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program.
8. Serve on the clinical competency committee or the program evaluation committee.
9. Participate in activities, which enhance Professional Growth and Development and serve on various medical staff committees.
We proudly offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Medical, dental, vision insurance
• Occurrence-based malpractice coverage
• Short-term and long-term disability insurance
• Life insurance
• 403(b) with employer match
• CME time and allowance
• Extended illness bank
• Paid time off for vacation and holidays
• Concierge service
• Adoption assistance
MD/DO Board Certified in Internal Medicine. Ideal candidate will have experience teaching in graduate or undergraduate medical education.
• Able to obtain Georgia Medical License
• Graduate Medical Education experience is strongly preferred.