Cook - Senior Living CommunityWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Facility, Environmental, and Nutrition & Food Services • 106391 • Various • Full-Time
Atherton Place is seeking a Cook to join our amazing team!
Atherton Place Senior Living Community is Marietta’s most trusted resource for senior living. One of Wellstar’s Senior Living Communities, we are located in Historic Marietta, Georgia, just minutes north of Atlanta on the campus of Kennestone Regional Medical Center. Opened in 1988, Atherton Place was one of the first independent living centers associated with a hospital in Georgia, and the first in Cobb County. It still is one of the few in the Southeast with a major health system affiliation. Our facility offers multiple levels of care, from independent to advanced care for seniors with memory needs. We offer senior living, personal care and memory care apartments. Atherton Place has served more than 1,100 seniors over the years and continues to be a leader in senior living. We believe in a team centered approach in everything we do and with every resident that we serve.
Atherton Place dining room serves 3 chef-prepared meals daily. All plans include daily breakfast plus one additional meal (lunch or dinner). Restaurant-style meal service: the Main Dining Room or the Azalea Floor Dining Room.
Prepares nutritious and appetizing food for Atherton Place Food and Nutrition Department, and other satellite areas utilizing recipes and conventional and cook/chill production equipment.Requires a passion for the culinary arts and the menu items being prepared in a healthcare setting. Must be adamant about adhering to all sanitation and food handling codes established by the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point and local county Department of Health. Must be able to comply with a higher standard of safety and sanitation as a result of preparing food for a high risk population that has developing, weakening or compromised immune systems. Must possess ability to manage time and plan work accordingly to produce a variety and number of recipes simultaneously, possibly under high-volume demands. Requires ability to assess food quality, taste, color, odor, etc.
Core Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Ensures the Safety of Customers and Team Members (according to Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and County Health Department Guidelines)
* a.Washes hands frequently and appropriately wears gloves.
* b.Follows infection prevention practices, including personal hygiene expectations (i.e., fingernail length and finish) and reports potential risks.
* c.Maintains all the work areas in a clean and organized manner; free of spills and fall hazards.
* d.Monitors and records food and/or equipment temperatures; immediately correcting/escalating "out of range"occurrences.
* e.Stores food and/or supplies using proper labeling, dating and rotation methods.
* f.Operates equipment according to all safety guidelines and escalates any unsafe conditions (i.e., frayed electrical cords).
- Ensures Positive Service Outcomes
* a.Follows department work schedule (including weekends and holidays) and arrives at the work station prior to task start time.
* b.Sets up, maintains and breaks down workstation according to area requirements.
* c.Follows written and verbal instructions and station responsibilities with accuracy and attention to detail.
* d.Completes area checklists and forms.
* e.Operates and cares for equipment according to manufacturer's and area specific guidelines.
Remains flexible to support other team members across the department to achieve desired service outcomes.
- Engages in Efforts to Create a World Class Work Environment
* a.Follows work area's uniform specifications, i.e., clothing and shoes are neat and clean.
* b.Collaborates with team members and Leadership to meet the goals and objectives of the Department and Hospital.
* c.Communicates in a respectful manner and in terms that are clear and concise.
Respects the cultural traditions of team members and customers.
- Ensures the High Quality of Menu Items Prepared by Utilizing Culinary Techniques
* a.Properly peels and cuts fresh products. Includes ability to butcher meats; dice, julienne or mince vegetables when preparing ingredients to produce menu items..
* b.Utilizes proper cooking techniques such as dry method, wet method, and combination method cooking.
* c.Identifies and properly handles/cooks vegetables, meats, spices/seasonings, pasta and dairy products.
* a.Accurately reads and follows recipes. Includes skills of measurement/mathematical conversion and scaling.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education:High School Diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
Required Minimum Certification: Servsafe (SRVSF-FH) certification required upon hire.
Required Minimum Experience: At least one year of experience in a foodservice environment, with one year of professional cooking highly preferred.
Required Minimum Skills: Ability to communicate and understand verbal and written English language and Math. Ability to complete mandatory computer-based learning and pass exam. Ability to understand and follow safety regulations in a foodservice healthcare environment.
- Sup Laundry Marietta 06/01/2023
- Dishwasher Marietta 06/01/2023
- Security Officer 1 Marietta 06/01/2023