Coding Technical AnalystWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Coding, Compliance, and Health Information Systems • 99855 • Days • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Coding Department Edit Resolution Analyst serves as a revenue cycle, technology and coding expert to the Coding team and leadership to answer questions, investigate accounts, identify system issues and test new functionality and updates, resolve billing/account edits and denials, and participate in improvement opportunities.
Required Minimum Education
- High school graduate or possess a General Educational Development (GED) Diploma from an accredited program
- Completed course in anatomy and physiology
Required Minimum Experience
- Hospital coding experience preferred. Minimum 2-3 years of acute care coding experience, and 1-2 years experience working and resolving coding/billing account edits and or/denials
- Must have and maintain a 95% or higher accuracy in abstracting, code and DRG assignment while meeting productivity requirements
Required Minimum Certification
Billing or Coding School Certification through AHIMA or AAPC to include but not limited to
Required Minimum Skills
- Computer/data entry experience.
- Ability to communicate with various members of the healthcare team
- Ability to use EXCEL, Word and have basic computer operational knowledge
Preferred Minimum Skills
- Epic and 3M experience preferred
- Coding Technical Analyst Marietta 05/17/2023
- Coder 2 Marietta 05/17/2023
- Coder 3 Marietta 05/17/2023