Coder 3Wellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Coding, Compliance, and Health Information Systems • 100658 • Days, Evenings, Various • Part-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence, and honor every voice? At WellStar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Reviews documentation in inpatient and/or IVR (interventional radiology) medical records, and accurately and completely assigns appropriate diagnostic and procedural ICD-10-CM/ICD10-PCS or CPT-4 HCPCS codes to the greatest specificity and assigning the most accurate DRG/APC as appropriate. Abstracts demographic and coding information into the information system accurately and completely.
- High School Education, GED or equivalent
- Completed course in anatomy and physiology
- Billing or Coding School Certification (AHIMA or AAPC to include but not limited to RHIT, RHIA, CCS or CPC) in hospital coding preferred
- Must have and maintain a 95% or higher accuracy in abstracting, code and DRG assignment while meeting productivity requirements
- Minimum of 5-7 years of acute care inpatient and/or IVR coding experience (with Same day surgery, ED and OP diagnostic outpatient coding experiences are a plus) preferred
- Computer/data entry experience. Ability to communicate with various members of the healthcare team
- Ability to use EXCEL, Word and have basic computer operational knowledge. Epic and 3M experience preferred
- Ability to work in a remote environment
- Coding Technical Analyst Marietta 05/17/2023
- Coder 2 Marietta 05/17/2023
- Coder 3 Marietta 05/17/2023