Clinical Doc SpecWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Coding, Compliance, and Health Information Systems • 100813 • Days, Evenings, Weekend Option • PRN
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
“Remote work available depending on location.”
The Clinical Documentation Specialist (CDS) demonstrates strong clinical knowledge and understanding of coding/DRG requirements to improve overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation in the patient medical record on a concurrent, and potentially a prospective and retrospective basis, using a multidisciplinary team process. The CDS works collaboratively with physicians, other healthcare professionals and coding staff to ensure that clinical information in the medical record is present and accurate so that the appropriate utilization, clinical severity, outcomes and quality is captured for the level of service rendered to all patients, as well as ensuring compliant reimbursement of patient care services.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or other health-related field desirable.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification
At least one of the following active certification/licensure required:
- RN: Registered Nurse in state of Georgia
- CDIP: Clinical Documentation Improvement Practitioner
- CCDS: Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist
- CCS - Certified Coding Specialist , or equitable coding credentials
Required Mininum Experience
- Minimum of five years of healthcare experience required, strong medical surgical background is preferred.
- Experience with utilization management, coding/DRG, billing, auditing and various healthcare payers is also preferred.
- Clinician preferred and/or CDIP/CCDS credential.
- It is expected that all RN's are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association.
Required Minimum Skills
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills necessary to establish rapport with physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Minimum MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) knowledge and expertise is expected.
- Chart review experience required.
- EPIC Electronic Medical Record and CDI Software experience is preferred.
- Regulatory background and DRG reimbursement knowledge, preferred.