CNL/CNPSCobb Hospital • Austell, Georgia • Day Shift • Full Time • JR-3169
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Prepare, compound, dispense medications, and perform other technical duties in the pharmacy department under direct supervision of a Pharmacist. Must demonstrate competency through supervised observation and/or any other necessary annual required competencies. Must be proficient in all responsibilities and duties of certified pharmacy technician.
Core Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Wellstar Kennestone Hospital has an Immediate opening for a Certified Pharmacy Technician
Full Time Day Shift
- Medication Distribution –
- Single Dispense - must prepare medications and/or IV for dispensing, select correct medication, correct strength, and correct form. Fill, label, and initial medication bag for a pharmacist verification.
- Bulk Dispense- Must fill multiple patient specific medications in accordance with department procedure.
- Transportation- bulk fill, first dose, and missing doses will be delivered securely to the appropriate units, while practicing appropriate procedure to ensure confidentiality for all patients.
- Missing Doses- upon request, must properly generate label, fill and have checked by a pharmacist, then dispense to the appropriate floor or unit.
- Product Preparation- must properly prepare, measure, count, medications including compound ointments, creams, oral solutions, oral solids, IV, etc.
- (ADC) Automatic Dispensing Cabinet
- User- must be capable of accurately adding new users to the ADC system.
- Product- must properly load ADC with correct medications after medication is checked by a pharmacist. Monitor par levels and increase or decrease as needed.
- Reports- must be able to generate needed reports to fill, track, and identify/report all discrepancies.
- Minor Maintenance- must trouble shoot minor problems with ADC.
- Restock- must accurately fill medication, fluids and stock outs as needed.
- Recall- must assist the pharmacist and inventory specialist in retrieving recalled medications.
- Controlled Substances- Must follow all policies, procedures, and applicable laws with controlled substance medications.
- IV Admixture
- Aseptic technique- Demonstrate knowledge of aseptic technique including; proper hand washing and proper use of IV Room attire. Understand Joint Commission, hospital, and departmental policies and procedures. Must complete an aseptic technique competency to show compliance with USP standards, conducted by supervisor or Lead Pharmacy Technician.
- Small volume- Demonstrate knowledge of preparing small volume admixtures
- Specialty solutions- Demonstrate knowledge of preparing epidural, intrathecal, intravenous, intramuscular, sterile syringes and chemotherapy (when applicable)
- Syringes- Demonstrate knowledge of preparing neonatal syringes (when applicable)
- Large volume- Demonstrate knowledge of preparing large volume solutions
- Room cleaning - Demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedures regarding maintaining clean room environment.
- Safety and Compliance – Follows all safety and compliance standards for safely compounding medications. Always ensure that all requirements and procedures of United States Pharmacopeiaare met.
- Miscellaneous Activities:
- Repackaging and bar-coding medications- must accurately label all repackaged items per Georgia Board of Pharmacy Rules and Regulations.
- Properly provide customer service to customers and other healthcare professionals via in-person or virtual means.
- Process any charges: late charges, supplemental, OR charges, nuclear and exception report.
- Ordering supplies and obtaining purchase orders using the appropriate ordering system.
- Must be proficient in the distribution and accountability of Controlled Substance Medications.
- Code Carts / Kits - Must restock code carts and other kits returned to pharmacy according to departmental procedure and ensure required inspections are completed.
- Must perform monthly unit and pharmacy inspections and ensure that assigned pharmacy or medication area is clean including temperature and humidity monitoring.
- Must perform out date tracking on medications in various locations of the facility.
- Train and mentor pharmacy technicians under lead pharmacy technician
Required Minimum Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent Required
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s):
- Registered Pharmacy Tech Required
- Cert Pharmacy Tech Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications:
- Licensed and in good standing with the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy Upon Hire Required
Required Minimum Experience:
- Hospital pharmacy experience Preferred
- General experience in all phases of pharmacy operations including basic knowledge of automated dispensing cabinets, inventory management, medication order interpretation, and Ga. Pharmacy law Required
Required Minimum Skills:
- Basic computer skills.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Basic management skills.
- Good “problem solving” skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to push a transportation cart of approximately 100 pounds.
Join us and discover the support to do more meaningful work—and enjoy a more rewarding life. Connect with the most integrated health system in Georgia, and start a future that gives you more.