Care Partner - Clinical Decision UnitWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Marietta, GA • Nursing Support • 111110 • Nights • Part-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
- The Care Partner is a support care provider who functions under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- The Care Partner primary focus will be to promote a positive patient experience by partnering with the nurse, physician, healthcare team and other healthcare providers to provide excellence in patient experience and assist with daily living activities and comfort measures.
- The Care Partner assists other health care providers with safe, age appropriate and culturally aware care by performing basic patient care functions; i.e. ADL’s, ambulation, and vital signs.
- The Care Partner may require approved advanced technical training skills may be required i.e. phlebotomy, simple treatments, dressing changes, oral suctioning, and discontinuing Foley catheters.
- Performing additional advanced skills may be required to support clinical care and will fluctuate depending on the needs of the unit.
- Performing clerical functions such as: retrieval of data, maintaining unit supplies, and transporting supplies/patient medications will be required.
- The Care Partner must be able to work in a fast-paced environment which requires multi-tasking and effective communication with the Registered Nurse and ancillary team.
- Must be able to perform under stressful conditions with a compassionate, respectful and service mindset.
- Must be able to take direction from a variety of care providers.
- Must be organized with excellent communication skills.
- Rising High School Senior (completion of junior year) or senior classification in with satisfactory standing (2.0 GPA or higher)
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma/Development (GED). Graduation from a State approved program for Certified Nursing Assistants or Patient Care Tech Program preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through American Heart Association (AHA) is required by the first day of employment
- Ability to follow detailed directions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Clear verbal and written communication, specifically ability to document
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team