Cardiovascular Nurse Navigator - ElectrophysiologyWellstar Medical Group • Marietta, GA • Nursing: Non-Bedside • 111748 • Days • Full-Time
The EP Cardiovascular Nurse Navigator identifies patients who are appropriate for the Comprehensive Arrhythmia Program, engages
identified patients into clinic services, assists with coordination of care between services, and across the continuum of care. The Nurse Navigator manages patient identification data software systems to assess patients who meet criteria for program referrals. He/she then manages the patient from the referral through clinic visits, testing, procedures and follow up. Additionally, the navigator screens Electrophysiology patients for clinical trial eligibility and communicates with multi-disciplinary teams for consideration and enrollment. This role is heavily involved with chart reviews in software systems to identify patients for the program and navigate their care throughout surveillance to follow ups.
We would love to have highly engaged, experienced, cardiovascular nurses join our Wellstar Center for Cardiovascular Care Ambulatory practices!
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Case Management
* Participates in case finding to identify patients who would benefit from Comprehensive Arrhythmia Program.
* Perform initial assessment using case management tools to determine patient/family needs.
* Serve as a liaison between patient/family and healthcare providers.
* Coordinate care across the continuum to ensure successful care transitions.
* Coordinate care with home health agencies.
- Remote Monitoring and Patient Care
* Regularly monitors data output from implanted remote monitoring devices.
* Coordinates care with physicians/providers based upon remote monitoring device data.
* Accurately documents all care provided in the electronic medical record.
* Communicates with patients/families remotely via telephonic means and/or virtual visits.
* Functions within the scope of guidelines/protocols supported by the American Heart Association, American College of Cardiology, and Heart Failure Association of America.
- Clinical Expert/Resource
* Serves as a resource to the clinical team by providing support and education to team members within the clinic as well as throughout the healthcare system.
* Serves as a resource to the community by participating in educational offerings to patients/families and community members.
* Assists in the development of clinical practice guidelines.
* Participates in performance improvement projects.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing Required
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 3 years adult acute care clinical experience with at least 2 years? specialization in cardiology
- Case Management and/or remote patient management experience Preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Strong clinical background in an acute care setting.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of electronic medical records.
- Ability to organize and lead meetings as well as present in groups.
- Ability to work independently, delegate, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Reg Nurse (Single State) Required
- RN - Multi-state Compact Required
- Basic Life Support Required
- BLS - Instructor Required
- BLS - Provisional Required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Required
- ACLS - Instructor Required
- ACLS - Provisional Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications