Behavioral Health Assessor LicensedWellstar Shared Services • Marietta, GA • Professional • 107199 • Nights • Full-Time
Functioning under the leadership of the Manager of Behavioral Health or designee, the Behavioral Health Assessor-Licensed performs comprehensive, face to face and tele-mental health based assessments, psycho-education and interventions with patients who are receiving services for various psychological, behavioral or substance related disturbances. The Behavioral Health Assessor works in conjunction with the physician and other care team members to assess and plan for safe care delivery and transition planning to the appropriate level of care.
Specific responsibilities of the behavioral health assessor include the following:
? Providing individual assessment of patients in the emergency department and/or acute care floor to assist in determining the most appropriate next level of care
? Collaborating with physicians, social workers, and other specialty providers to ensure optimal, individualized, and integrated treatment for behavioral health patients
? Working with patient's family members and identified supports to determine a safe discharge plan
? Assessing, referring, and coordinating care for patients with unique and complex psychiatric conditions, including assisting with legal holds and referrals to the identified level of care
? Participating in service line functions and initiatives, as directed by Behavioral Health leadership
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Conduct and interpret comprehensive clinical assessments in-person or via tele-mental health for the Emergency Departments and acute care units
* Complete Suicide Risk Assessment.
* Collaborate with collateral/support contacts.
* Provide a level of care recommendation appropriate for the clinical, medical and biopsychosocial presentation and resource needs of the patient.
* Consult with Physicians, On-Call Psychiatrists, Nursing staff and other appropriate team members to establish the behavioral health plan of care.
* Review the behavioral health plan of care with the patient/guardian to ensure comprehension of program services available and provide recommendations.
* Reassess patients every shift, or more often as patient status and acuity changes.
* Coordinate with the Assessment and Resource Center to facilitate age-appropriate referrals to the recommended level of care following evaluation and in conjunction with the provider.
* Identifies and documents barriers to timely disposition.
* Obtains collateral from patient?s family/identified supports to plan for continued care.
* Provides education/counseling to patient/family to assist in understanding, accepting and following medical recommendations of his/her conditions.
* Understands eligibility processes and criteria for referrals to identified levels of service and resources.
* Develops a Safety Plan with all patients.
* Allows for any cultural or religious beliefs in providing services and continuity of care.
* Ensures the Assessment and Resource Center has all documentation necessary to facilitate referral to the recommended level of care.
* Documents initial psychosocial/functional assessment in the electronic medical record.
* Documents suicide risk assessment in the electronic medical record.
* Documents ongoing reassessments, and safety plan in the electronic medical record.
* Documents each patient contact.
* Assists with legal documentation as needed for patient placement, i.e., 1013, 1014, 1015.
* Documents all contact with collateral contacts, support systems and resource referrals in a timely and accurate manner.
* Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
* Maintains attendance/punctuality in accordance with system policy and procedure.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, process improvement activities, and other meetings as requested.
* Completes all initial and ongoing professional competency assessments, required mandatory education and population specific education.
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications