Unit Secretary - Surgical Unit - Med/SurgWellstar West Georgia Medical Center • LaGrange, GA • Administrative and Clerical • 112190 • Nights • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice?
At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Wellstar West Georgia Medical Center located LaGrange GA - We are seeking a Unit Secretary to join our Surgical Unit - Med/Surg Team!
Come be part of the team that was voted 2022 Large Busniess of the Year by LaGrange Troup County Chamber of Commerce.
The Unit Secretary functions under the direction of the Nurse Manager and Assistant Nurse Manager to facilitate the provision of safe, age appropriate and culturally aware patient care by performing clerical and receptionist functions including computer order entry, retrieval of data, maintaining unit supplies, transporting supplies/equipment/patient medications, preparing and maintaining patient charts, providing customer service and acting as the central communication source on the nursing unit.
This is a Full-Time Night Shift position
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma or equivalent from accredited program required
Required Minimum Experience
- Six (6) months clinical experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to enter information into an electronic medical record. Basic medical terminology required.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language;
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to collaborate with other health care providers in the provision of patient care;
- Ability to multi-task essential;
- Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations essential;
- Strong detail orientation required;
Computer skills required;
- Personal time management skills