Respiratory Therapist II (RRT) SP SG WGWellstar West Georgia Medical Center • LaGrange, GA • Allied Health • 106388 • Nights, Weekend Option • Part-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Respiratory Therapist II is responsible for medication administration and implementing respiratory care based on expanded knowledge, experience, and the evaluate-and-treat process. The RT II is responsible for delivering patient care in complex, multiple problem-patient care situations. The majority of time is in critical care areas with protocol ventilator management, significant independent decision-making and self direction. In addition, to patient care delivery, the RT II is responsible for patient, family/support system education, coordination of activities, staff development, and professional and self-developmental activities. The RT II is responsible for providing patient care with an understanding and awareness of population specific needs. The RT II addresses the biological, emotional, and developmental, psychosocial, and patient/family education needs when providing care to the patient. Also participates in the education of new employees and others.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Provides Customer Service
? Completion of patient care, documentation and education
? Team approach to service
? Promotes a team spirit and positive work environment
? Provides supportive environment for students and staff
- Administers Quality Patient Care
? Performs patient assessment & assessment for therapy
? Collaborates with health care team members in planning patient care
? Verifies orders and administers aerosolized medication, bronchial hygiene, volume expansion, oxygen & medical gas therapy
? Performs ventilator management, weaning, wave form graphic interpretation; airway management (intubation, extubation, trach tube change and care)
? Performs arterial blood gas sampling & analysis
? Educates patient and mentors/precepts new employees, students and peers
? Location Specific: Assisting in invasive and non-invasive procedures, Cardiac Service procedures, Pulmonary Diagnostic Testing
- Provides Safe & Quality Environment
? Promotes current and accurate electronic orders, charting and charging
? Promotes high level of patient safety (Medication Safety, NPSG, etc)
? Promotes Performance Improvement initiatives designed to promote quality care
? Promotes evidence based practice
? Reviews the revised and new DPPs
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an accredited respiratory therapy education program (CoARC or CAAHP) with minimally 20 quarter hours of science.
- A.S. degree required
Required Minimum Experience
- 0-2 yrs clinical experience with minimal 6-months critical care
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to communicate well, critical thinking skills, establish and maintain working relationships with physicians and other health care professionals, and computer skills including familiarity with databases.
- Good customer relation, assessment, and communication skills are a must for this job.
- Respiratory Therapist II (RRT) SP SG WG LaGrange 05/20/2023
- Respiratory Therapist II (RRT) LaGrange 05/17/2023
- Cardiac Sonographer Reg LaGrange 05/17/2023