EVS Floor Tech - Roosevelt Warm SpringsWellstar Shared Services • LaGrange, GA • Facility, Environmental, and Nutrition & Food Services • 115226 • Days • Full-Time
Responsible for the safety and cleanliness of a hospital to include disinfecting, cleaning surfaces, mopping, dusting, and waste disposal. Requires an understanding of cleaning for infection control and of proper handling and disposal of biological waste.
Position is located at the Roosevelt Warm Springs Hospital.
Monday-Friday / Days - 7am-3:30pm
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Maintain facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning, and replacement of equipment and furnishings.
- Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, soiled linen carts, and other disposable materials. (Biohazard).
- Clean restrooms, mirrors, commodes, tubs, and showers daily. Report any needed repairs immediately to the supervisor and through work order system (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, beds needing repair, etc.).
- Damp dust furniture, light fixtures, windowsills, etc.
- Clean all air vents, stairwells, and elevators. Operates various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, etc
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- GED or High school diploma or equivalent
Required Minimum Experience
- 1 yr experience in EVS
- 3 yrs experience in EVS, buffing, scrubbing, wacing floors
Required Minimum Skills
- The ability to speak fluent English must possess the ability to read.
- write and understand simple instructions in English.
- The satisfactory completion of the Departmental Training Program must be accomplished during the first thirty (30) days of employment.