Registered Nurse Supervisor (RN) - Family MedicineWellstar Medical Group • Kennesaw, GA • Nursing Leadership • 110196 • Days • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
**Sign on Bonus and Relocation Eligible Role – Please apply Today to learn more!**
Under general direction of the physician and/or office manager, provides nursing care of patient, plans and oversees departmental staff nursing activities ensuring effective nursing services are provided, and adherence to policies, procedures, standards, and regulations. A multidisciplinary team approach to care is utilized. The function of the Nurse Supervisor is to develop and maintain an environment that supports the professional nurse and staff. Under the direction and supervision of the Clinical Services Department, the Nurse Supervisor will promote clinical competency as well as maintain clinical quality control through leading and supporting survey readiness efforts as it relates to back office clinical operations.
The Nurse Supervisor is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care. They practice in a clinical environment that is administered by Office Managers and other leaders and is supported through the WellStar Clinical Champion Forum. The framework for practice is steered by the WellStar Professional Practice Model, 5-Star Nursing and evidence based practice and research. RN competencies are derived from these models and supported by the WellStar Core Competencies.
It is expected that all RN Nurse Supervisors are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected that the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.
Required Minimum Education:
- Associates degree in Nursing required
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- Current/ active license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association, prior to hire date
- ACLS/PALS may be required in some practice areas
Required Minimum Experience:
- 2-4 years experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Specific experience in a practice specialty may be required
Required Minimum Skills:
- Ability to implement national nursing standards, knowledge of health care and medical procedures, interpersonal/human relations skills, attentiveness to detail, interact positively with staff, providers and patients, manage time efficiently, delegate and team building skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills.
- The employee should also be able to adhere to the WellStar Credo and Code of Conduct.