MRI Tech, PRN - OutpatientWellstar Kennestone Hospital • Holly Springs, GA • Allied Health • 104122 • Days, Various • PRN
We are currently seeking a dynamic MRI Tech
to join our team at WellStar Cherokee Health Park
WellStar Cherokee Health Park
Must be flexible with work hours to meet department needs. Must be dependable, accountable and cooperative. Assists with providing safe, age appropriate care to the patient by performing all exams provided by the department according to department procedures. Has the knowledge and ability to properly and safely obtain a quality diagnostic study. Responsible for performing a wide variety of technical procedures requiring independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in the utilization of equipment for the diagnosis and/or treatment of diseases. Able to independently perform job functions. Sets up the equipment to provide imaging service and positions patient for the procedure.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Demonstrates the ability to adjust technique so that patient receives the best study possible and that image quality is maintained.
* Reports problems regarding malfunctioning equipment to supervisor or service provider, so that problem can be corrected in a timely manner.
* Cleans, disinfects and maintains equipment in accordance with infection control policy and department cleaning schedule.
* Ability to operate patient monitoring system.
- Patient Care
* Obtains complete clinical history, gathers examination data and assesses for contraindicating conditions.
* Follows established procedures for the administration of contrast medias so that no patient condition deteriorates, and no patient suffers undue pain, due to error or poor technique.
* Ensures that all studies have proper patient identification.
* Reviews images for clinically acceptable results and releases patients.
* Responds to emergency situations.
* Assists other technologists in all modalities when needed.
* Observes patient condition and properly evaluates situations when physician intervention is necessary so that no patient condition deteriorates.
* Verifies correct identity of patient prior to performing a procedure according to hospital policy and procedure.
* Ensures patient's privacy and comfort is accommodated. Maintains patient?s dignity throughout the exam/procedure.
* Demonstrates competence in the determination and application of appropriate procedures, equipment, supplies and techniques based on the age of patients.
* Organizes schedule, time and priorities so that required activities are accomplished within designated time frames.
* Follows physician?s instructions when assisting with procedures and exams.
* Understands, demonstrates and documents pre-procedure verification and Time Out process when appropriate.
* Demonstrates and understands pre-and-post procedural care.
* Preps the patient for procedure.
* Demonstrates and understands sterile technique.
* Prepares trays and catheters for procedures, participates in biopsies if applicable.
* Demonstrates proficiency on the Dynacad if applicable.
* Prepares and may administer contrast.
* Verifies order is with contrast, checks patient GFR (labs) and dosing of contrast is weight based.
* Uses appropriate safety devices to protect patients hearing during exam.
* Understands anatomical positioning, correct labeling of body parts, and infant immobilizer.
* Knows cross sectional anatomy, includes all appropriate anatomy.
* Uses critical thinking skills.
* Seeks clarification on ambiguous orders.
- Education and Communications
* Patiently and clearly explains purpose and nature of exam to patient prior to starting of procedure, to minimize anxiety and facilitate cooperation using AIDET; Acknowledge, Introduce, Discuss, Explain, and Thank you of all patients and family members.
* Ensures that patient's questions, concerns or contraindications are satisfactorily addressed, notifying physician when this cannot be accomplished, prior to the initiation of the procedure.
* Participates in the orientation and training of departmental employees.
* Required documentation is concise, legible and includes precise terminology.
* Reads email each day scheduled to work and follows through with assignment.
* Completes mandatory departmental and Hospital-wide education without prompting.
- Quality Control
* Produces acceptable images, follows established exam protocols.
* Ensures that equipment is fully operational prior to each use, by checking for proper calibration and operating deficiencies.
* Sends all studies to PACS immediately after completion in RIS and prints CDs as needed.
* Studies that have been transmitted after hours to teleradiography are printed and scanned in PACS, if applicable.
* Maintains MRI suite in a safe environment, i.e. ?locked down at all times.?
* Restocks linens and supplies, and maintains MRI department in clean and orderly condition.
* Transports patients, positions patients, and helps them on and off procedure table.
* Performs patient charging activities on the day the service is rendered.
* Applies supportive and immobilization devices and equipment.
* Willingly lends knowledge and assistance to others upon request as needed and routinely as time is available, without prompting, so that all working time is used for departmental advantage.
* Performs routine duties of clerical and support personnel in accordance with procedure when warranted to ensure continuity and quality of services.
* Keeps supervisor informed on all responsibilities on an ongoing basis, ensuring prompt notification in the event of problems or potential problems.
* Maintains an individual productivity rate equal to other co-workers.
* Ability to operate all work stations associated with the MRI scanner.
* Ability to push / retrieve studies to the PACS system.
* Maintains Joint Commission standards and any other regulatory agency standards.
* Any other duties as assigned.
* Takes call when necessary.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Successful completion of an accredited MRI program or ARRT-R.
Required Minimum Experience
- minimum 1 year experience in a clinical setting caring for patients; prefer MRI clinical setting.
Required Minimum Skills
- ust exhibit excellent communication skills because this position requires frequent verbal and written communications with: physicians, patients, visitors, departmental staff and nursing staff.
- The employee obtains, presents and discusses clinical information regarding job responsibilities on a routine basis.
- Candidate must be able to explain or give directions to maintain goodwill, and obtain cooperation with all contacts.
- Must possess the ability to function independently and under pressure while still actively participating in a team environment.
- Position requires the employee to exhibit excellent customer service skills at all times.
- Must be able to perform effectively in a stressful and fast paced work environment.
- Must have the ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Must be detail oriented and have the capacity to effectively multitask throughout the work shift.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the capacity to interact professionally with a variety of ?customers?, including but not limited to patients, families, co-workers, volunteers, and physicians throughout the work shift.
- Must possess the ability to function independently, yet productively as a cooperative team member with various work teams associated with the position. Must be compliant, with a willingness to follow all Hospital policies as well as the established practices, protocols and procedures of the position, department and applicable professional standards. Competent in all aspects of MRI, patient positioning, pulse sequence parameters and magnet safety. Must have an understanding of anatomy and pathology as to how they affect the quality of a procedure.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Certified MRI Technologist 1.00 Required 1.00
- ARRT Magnetic Resonance Imagin 1.00 Required 1.00
- Basic Life Support 2.00 Required 2.00
Additional Licenses and Certifications