Mgr Nurse Acute Care- Cardiac/Renal/Telemetry/Med SurgPaulding Hospital • Hiram, Georgia • Day Shift • Full Time • JR-5036
Nurse Manager Med Surg Paulding
Sign on Bonus eligible
The nurse manager Acute Care 7th Floor ( 28 bed Med Surg /Cardiac/Renal/Telemetry) at Paulding Wellstar is a registered professional nurse who provides leadership and management of a specific unit(s) or service through the effective use of knowledge and skills to promote the creation of a center of excellence for staff recruitment and retention and clinical and business outcomes. The nurse manager is the standard bearer on his/her unit and holds all participants on his/her unit accountable for the delivery of care and services through effective communication; observation; and the management and measurement of specific interventions/practices and their associated outcomes. Responsibilities include clinical, financial, human and material resources deployment and associated outcomes or goals.
The Nurse Manager serves as a chief retention and safety officer and ensures that safety and quality standards are upheld or met by effective use of data and technology to make decisions and proactively mitigates unnecessary risks for his/her area of responsibility. The Nurse Manager creates and ensures a desirable, safe work environment that enables the organization to meet or exceed its mission and goals. He/she models the way to foster communication and collaboration with physicians, staff, patients and other departments. Role specific competencies, responsibilities, roles and functions are based on the Professional Practice Model, 5-Star Nursing.
It is expected that all RN Clinical Nurses are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals..
This is a Leadership Job
Core Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Resources and Support :
- Engages staff in decision making via shared governance processes and partners with others to promote relationship-based care delivery systems that support patient centered care and service excellence while effectively providing leadership and management for a specific business/clinical unit(s). Possesses and uses good negotiation and mediation skills.
- Serves as the unit/program’s chief retention and safety officer to manage talent and protect/carefully deploy human and material resources through effective use knowledge.
- Analyzes and manages financial resources; uses lean and other quality skills to reduce waste and improve performance of operations and clinical systems of care; integrates marketing and communication strategies to advance one’s service line and organization as a whole Interdisciplinary Teamwork and Collaboration
- Effectively communicates to diverse audiences on nursing, health care and organizational issues which includes the ability to set standards and hold leaders and staff accountable for performance standards. Proactively establishes a healthy work place by reducing or resolving unnecessary conflict (when necessary, partnering with Human Resources), and promotes achievement of positive team dynamics
- Establishes partnerships by employing strong relationship building skills with staff, departments and medical staff by striving to understand others (and situations) and keeping the long view in mind – is fair and just using reflective practice skills to monitor self and others performance/interaction skills exercising coaching and guiding skills
- Creates opportunities for self and leaders/staff to grow professionally and implements a desirable workplace to recruit and retain talented leaders and staff Exemplary Practice and Outcomes
- Promote staff competency in clinical care delivery
- Holds self and staff to the highest professional standards and ethics ensuring corporate compliance standards etc. are met by leaders and staff. Is an active member of one’s professional community and serves as a role model for professional nursing practice and nursing leadership, possesses hiring skills and supports effective orientation and onboarding of new staff, advances the field through transformational executive leadership and scholarly activity
- Successfully employs change management strategies and instills in self and others the curiosity to explore new knowledge and ideas. Possesses skill and exercises necessary respect while managing a varied generational and diverse leadership team and workforce Professional Development
- Possess necessary Knowledge about health care financing and uses this knowledge and skill to ensure the effective management of human and material resources; designing and implementing systems to manage and measure outcomes to achieve expected business and clinical goals and objectives for self, staff and unit performance – develops operational budget and manages it to target level performance or better
- Represents the organization positively to the community, building credibility and willingness to serve on committees and task forces as needed to share knowledge and skill; champion a service line or need; and seeks opportunities to advance skill and scope of responsibilities Evidence Based Practice and Research
- Promotes Evidence based practice, nursing research and performance improvement in nursing. Participates in activities such as value analysis as part of the decision making process in evaluating patient care products.
- Effectively identifies areas of risk and proactively works to ensure compliance and safety standards. This includes assuring service meets or exceed licensure, regulatory and accreditation standards
- Applies the effective use of data and evidence to support decision making for clinical and operational responsibilities and demonstrates awareness of legal and ethical issues related to patient and staff data, information and confidentiality
Job Titles Reporting to this Job:
Builds a culture of trust and engagement as reflected in the Great Place to Work Trust Index Survey at a direct report, workgroup and hospital/entity level.
Holds leaders accountable for behaviors that create trust and engagement.
Performs all duties and responsibilities of this position in a manner that reflects the values of WellStar.
Maintains and strengthens relationships with physicians and assures their involvement in developing systems to assure the growth of the service and the cost effective delivery of quality patient care in a manner that fosters patient and employee satisfaction.
Results Oriented Leadership:
Sets challenging and productive goals for team.
Holds team accountable for actions while providing leadership and motivation.
Provides resources and support,
Uses checkpoints and data to track progress, setting up system and processes to measure results.
Collaboration and Partnership:
Required Minimum Education:
Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from accredited nursing school Required and
Master's Degree in Nursing Preferred and
If bachelor degree is not in nursing, MSN must be from accredited nursing school. Preferred
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s):
Reg Nurse (Single State) 1.00 Required
RN - Multi-state Compact 1.00 Required
Basic Life Support 2.00 Required
BLS - Instructor 2.00 Required
BLS - Provisional 2.00 Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications:
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of Georgia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC). Required and
Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position.
Required Minimum Experience:
Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in nursing management Required
Required Minimum Skills:
Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and relationship building; a knowledge of the health care environment; leadership that includes such skills as successfully implementing and managing a change process – ability to use systems thinking- and inspire, coach others to be successful; model the way for professional practice; professionalism and teamwork/collaboration for self/department/medical staff; and possess necessary business skills to manage human and material resources.
Must be a continuous learner who understands health care financing; strategy and operations for running a business unit(s); and effectively employ data and technology to support work processes and make decisions.
Supports shared governance or shared decision making; manage the design and delivery of care that in based on evidence and focused on quality and safety.
Knowledge of risk management and various accreditation/regulations/licensing requirements assuring that these are upheld while advancing industry standards through the achievement of goals by effective management and measurement of outcomes.
Join us and discover the support to do more meaningful work—and enjoy a more rewarding life. Connect with the most integrated health system in Georgia, and start a future that gives you more.