Patient Access Team LeadWellstar Spalding Regional Hospital • Griffin, GA • Administrative and Clerical • 114573 • Various • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
- Leadership and Planning
• Facilitates a positive work environment and assists with the development and motivation of employees. • Attends departmental, system-wide and/or interdepartmental meetings as needed. • Leads by example, assisting in projects, working as a positive team member, and rounding and mentoring of staff for optimal performance. • Works to meet WellStar goals related to Employee Engagement. • Maintains orderly and clean work environment, commensurate with the public expectations of a healthcare organization. • Participates and represents the department and hospital committees and special projects and assumes accountability as appropriate. • Participates in meeting the goals and objectives of the PAS department. • Collaborates with PAS Revenue Cycle leadership to develop and implement goals, objectives and Action Plans for the department. • Responsible for the ongoing management of daily operational functions of the department. • Informs Management of non-compliance with WellStar/department dress code. • Assures PAS has appropriate equipment and supplies to perform job duties. • Assumes role of PAS Specialists to support coverage needs.
PAS Team Leads serve as the primary department preceptors and mentors and as such must:5%
• Maintain a 98% based on individual QA audit /or as reported by Epic (min. of 10 accounts) registration accuracy rate or higher in the past 12 months.
• Maintain minimum productivity requirements.
• Has no corrective disciplinary action during the past twelve (12) months.
• Willing and able to function as a preceptor in the orientation of new patient access personnel and students.
• Maintain required certifications by obtaining necessary CEUs and submitting timely to certifying board.
- Quality/ Safety
• Implementation and training of new programs/updates to employees. • Responsible for quality and performance monitoring and reporting. Compiles and distributes data from management reports in a timely and accurate manner. Works with Supervisor to analyze data to make changes as appropriate. • Takes initiative to appropriately investigate and resolve department issues as they arise. • Understands and enforces policies and procedures for assigned areas. • Assists with investigating account issues, such as denials, tracking and trending problems, and implementing changes and education as appropriate. • Assists with meeting all quality goals (i.e. patient throughput). • Monitors, ensures maintenance and resolves of accounts, DNB/Denials, claim, patient, and other related Workqueues that impact the Revenue Cycle. • Participates in monthly Denial resolution for respective facility. • Ensures quality and drives resolution of initiatives which impact the overall health of the Revenue Cycle.
• Orders supplies for assigned areas in accordance to approved budgets. • Exercises cost effectiveness to reduce budgeted expenses. • Understands and ensures adherence to financial policies and programs. • Monitors, audits and controls handling of cash funds. • Monitors and encourages point of service collection policies. • Works with management to meet all financial related goals. • Collaborates effectively with department Managers to maximize cash flow and minimize wait times.
- Customer Service
• Monitors patient throughput and adjusts staffing and processes as appropriate to ensure the most efficient patient throughput. • Participates in customer service teams. • Resolves patient, physician, interdepartmental and other customer issues in a timely and appropriate manner. • Demonstrates ability to tactfully handle difficult situations through an approach that reflects consistency. • Monitors facility and area customer service scores and works with management team on action plan. • Maintains positive relationships with other department personnel. • Pursues excellence in all areas related to customer service, including service recovery.
Expected Performance, Behaviors and Results:
• The “WellStar Experience” (Must demonstrate a commitment to Service Excellence by):
• Creating first impressions, memorable moments and impressions that fulfill the expressed and unexpressed wishes and needs of patients and family members. • Valuing patients and family members as partners in their care. • Having world-class processes in place. • Delivering high-touch care that is reliable, responsive and coordinated. • Focusing on constant innovation and creating improvements. • Celebrating our diversity with sensitivity and understanding. • Embracing the idea that we are all owners of our health system.
Required Minimum Education
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Assocaite's Degree perferred.
Required Minimum Experience
- 1-year healthcare experience in Patient Access Services, Practice Operations, or Patient Financial Services
- Bachelor?s degree or higher may substitute for experience
Required Minimum Skills
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to communicate with various members of the healthcare team.
High attention to detail, self-directed and a positive attitude are essential.
Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Typing or data entry competency of at least 40 words/minute.
Cash handling and balancing.
Demonstrated professionalism, effective communication skills and active listening skills.
Working knowledge of patient registration systems and intermediate Microsoft Office Suite are preferred. Epic experience preferred.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Cert Healthcare Access Assoc (CHAA) or
- Certified Patient Account Rep (CPAR) or
- Certified Revenue Cycle Rep (CRCR)
Additional Licenses and Certifications