Supervisor - HIM OperationsWellstar Shared Services • Douglasville, GA • Leadership • 105686 • Days • Full-Time
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Utilizing the Health Record Ambassador approach, provides assistance and guide patients to access their health record to improve patient satisfaction and strengthen patient engagement. Provides leadership, oversight and management for the daily operations for the onsite HIM services of the WellStar Health System. They will provide orientation, education and retraining as needed.
Assures that productivity and quality standards are met and provides feedback to team members. Identifies opportunities to improve process and the utilization of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) to achieve best practice in accurate and timely medical record documentation. Responsible for timely completion of performance evaluations. Handles team member performance issues, documents expectations, and utilizes the performance management process when needed to enforce compliance with policies and procedures. Responsibility includes working closely with HIM Site Supervisors to assign the daily work and provide oversight to ensure the operational tasks are completed.
Functions as a liaison with our customers to include providers, patients and their families, visitors and other hospital departments. Serves as an expert on state, federal and regulatory agencies as it relates to HIM services. Conducts Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy rounding on all patient care areas to evaluate compliance with hospital policy in regards to patient's privacy and safeguarding of protected health information (PHI).
Required Minimum Education:
- Required Associate's Degree
- Required High school diploma and 5 years experience in this Wellstar job prior to 2/28/2023 accepted in lieu of Associates Degree
Preferred Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- Preferred Graduate of a health information technology program, Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
Required Minimum Experience:
- Minimum 2 years related work experience in a hospital or healthcare system Required
Required Minimum Skills:
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Problem solving skills and ability to prioritize and organize work activities appropriately in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical skills with ability to use data to identify trends, execute process improvement, and report key performance indicators
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards, state and federal laws and regulations relative to the confidentiality and security of patient information, and medical record documentation requirements
- Knowledge of electronic health records and related workflow
- Basic computer skills to include Windows, Word, Excel, and e-mail
Onsite - WellStar Douglas Hospital & Wellstar Paulding Hospital
- House Supervisor Douglasville 05/17/2023