Occupational Therapist-PRNWellstar Douglas Hospital • Douglasville, GA • Allied Health • 111663 • Days • PRN
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Wellstar Douglas Hospital in Douglasville, GA is seeking a PRN Occupational Therapist
Day Shift- Various
The Occupational Therapist assesses, plans, organizes and participates in rehabilitative programs that help to restore or improve function in activities of daily living, functional mobility, cognitive tasks, strength, coordination and range of motion in patients suffering from disease or injury. Services are provided across the full continuum and rendered in a cost conscious, quality focused and customer oriented manner. Compliance with all applicable regulatory standards is also required in this role.
Core Responsibilites and Essential Functions
- Patient Assessment
* In collaboration with the physician, responsible for the establishment and ongoing evaluation of treatment programs, plan of care, goals and discharge plans for the patients as related to the occupational therapy needs of the patient.
* Establishes a plan of care in conjunction with the patient and/or family members.
* Establishes realistic discharge plan incorporating patient and/or family member goals.
- Treatment Planning and Provision of Care
* Implements the occupational therapy treatment plan
* Selects appropriate treatment activities to progress patient towards goals.
* Revises goals/plan of care with patient/family input
* Provides ongoing patient/family education and training
* Provides discharge instructions, follow-up and referral to community resources as appropriate
* Acts as a referral source for staff, families, physicians on services and equipment related to rehabilitation services.
* Documents the evaluation and plan of care according to departmental guidelines
* Documents each treatment session according to departmental protocols
* Completes and submits family education, discharge and other required documentation within facility and program guidelines.
- General requirements
* Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
* Maintains confidentiality of all patient information.
* Maintains attendance/punctuality in accordance with system policy and procedure.
* Adheres to departmental dress code policy, including wearing and displaying ID badge approp.
* Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing with all team members.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings, required inservices, process improvement activities, and other meetings as requested.
* Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Utilizes materials and equipment in a safe and cost-effective manner.
* Observes infection prevention precautions
- Customer Service
* Strives to help lead the industry through vision, technology, innovation and customer service.
* Strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees and patients.
* Consistently applies AIDET principles in all interactions with patients.
* Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and patients. Treats patients and fellow team members with respect. Fosters teamworkwith trust, support and collaboration.
* Dmonstrates knowledge of service recovery principles and implements appropriately
- Professional Development
* Participates in professional development and mandatory education activities.
* Completes core and annual competencies according to established departmental timelines.
* Completes all educational requirements required by discipline to maintain licensure. Also includes surgery if interested.
* Participates in orientation and training of new employees.
* Completes all mandatory hospital and/or system mandatory requirements
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all WellStar Health System policies, standards of work, and code of conduct.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate from an accredited occupational therapy program. Required and
- Bachelor's Degree Required or
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy Required
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
- Effective communication skills, customer service focused, team oriented, and basic computer skills.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
- Occupational Therapist Required
- Basic Life Support Required
- BLS - Instructor Required
- BLS - Provisional Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications