ED Tech - Emergency DepartmentWellstar Douglas Hospital • Douglasville, GA • Nursing Support • 106318 • Evenings • Part-Time
The Emergency Department (ED) Tech Level I is a multi-skilled caregiver who functions under the direction of the professional Registered Nurse. Provides safe, age-appropriate care to the patient by performing the following patient care functions and technical procedures: vital signs, 12-lead EKG, bedside blood sugar testing, superficial wound care, oral suctioning, splint application, instruction of safe ambulation with crutches. Must understand and practice aseptic technique when required: urethral catheterization, sterile tray preparation, dressing applications and all phlebotomy. Must be able to operate and observe cardiac monitors to ensure recognition of arrhythmias (site specific Kennestone ED), as well as operate pulse oximetry monitors. Requires knowledge of all specialty instruments and trays, including trauma resuscitation equipment and set-up, ENT trays, special procedure trays. Transports patients, unit supplies, equipment, and patient medications. Assures patient care area is appropriately stocked with supplies. Monitor's patients in restraint/seclusion and documents observations. Performs other duties deemed necessary to ensure delivery of patient care.
ResponsibilitiesCore Responsibilites and Essential Functions
* Obtain and document vital signs; inform nurse if vital signs are abnormal.
* Perform 12-lead EKG and hand to ED physician.
* Perform bedside blood sugar testing; inform nurse if result is abnormal.
* Measure and apply extremity splints as directed by nurse or physician.
* Instruct patient regarding safe crutch ambulation techniques with return demonstration by
* Oral suctioning.
* Superficial wound care.
Performs procedures using aseptic technique:
* Urethral catheterization.
* Sterile tray preparation.
* Dressing application.
* Tracks, delivers, maintains, and retrieves telesitter carts
* Troubleshoots any cart connectivity issues and places an IT ticket if necessary
* Performs safe room guideline checks upon initiation and upon every hand-off thereafter
* Performs environmental rounds to ensure safe room guidelines are being maintained
* Responds to remote telesitter escalation for face-to-face intervention
* Notifies Nurse and/or charge Nurse when face to face redirection is requireda.
* Patients via stretcher or wheelchair, ensuring patient safety.
* Unit supplies.
* Patient medications
* Frequency of monitoring performed as per policy.
* Document monitoring as per policy.
* Notify nurse of abnormal findings or observation
* Recognize cardiac rhythms and communicate findings to registered professional as
* Provides accurate patient information for each monitor in use
* Responsible for cleaning and maintaining monitors and pumps in monitor room
Required for All Jobs
QualificationsRequired Minimum Education
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- Care Partner PRN Douglasville 05/27/2023
- Medical Assistant Urgent Care Cert WMG Douglasville 05/21/2023
- Medical Assistant Urgent Care Cert WMG Douglasville 05/20/2023