Registered Nurse (RN) - Neonatal Intensive Care UnitWellstar Cobb Hospital • Austell, GA • Nursing: Direct Care • 105965 • Nights • Full-Time
At WellStar we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues.
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve.We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Wellstar Cobb Hospital has an opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
This position is Full-Time/ Nights (7 pm - 7 am)
SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION
- The Registered Nurse (RN) is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care.
- They practice in a clinical environment that is administered by Nurse Managers and other leaders and is supported through the Wellstar Shared Governance Model.
- The framework for practice is steered by the Wellstar Professional Practice Model and evidence-based practice and research.
- RN competencies are derived from these models and supported by the Wellstar Values.
- It is expected that all RN Clinical Nurses are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association.
- As a member of the patient services team, it is expected that the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.
- The Registered Nurse is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care.
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
- Direct or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel or supervise a unit.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and develop health improvement programs.
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
Required Minimum Education:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing: Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred; National certification in area of specialty preferred
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- Current/active license as a registered nurse in the State of Georgia
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position
- Must have Neonatal Resuscitation Provider certification
- Must have completed the Neonatal Resuscitation Program
Required Minimum Experience:
- Experience with direct patient care preferred.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Ability to read, write and speak English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative skills along with customer service skills required
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment and respond to emergencies in using a decisive, composed and respectful manner
- Possess excellent time management skills
- Practices nursing using evidence and analytical skills along with possessing strong critical thinking skills.